• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan Opinions Please 85o

15 posts in this topic

What's going on with that "V" shaped scratch below the second U in PLURIBUS? I don't think I like it, and it wasn't very visible in the first set of photos.

When looking at the newer images and comparing the ticks and contact marks visible in the field from the first images, I would change my estimated grade to MS65. (The very first photo seems to show several minor contact fields that, while not distracting, would probably limit the grade from going any higher).

Your photograph, although improving, still makes it difficult to provide spot on grades (i.e. viewing only pieces of coins in various angles can be distorting, I like to see the whole coin; additionally, the blue light in the older pictures is distracting.)

On the holder...
Man, that sure would have fooled me. It looks like the metal was scratched away, shiny, and that there is a gouge at one point. Any possibility of better pics of that area.

112991.jpg

this picture makes me wonder about impaired luster on cheek and below chin

has it been whizzed or altered surfaces?

New Camera - Thinking NO on the whizzing/impaired luster/etc - Coin is Crazy flashy - new pics on the 79s if you would like to revisit it too...thx

113071.jpg.7c868f5b52103be9461114af18a2c2dc.jpg

Dipped or wiped? Each would produce distinctly different signs - not sure how they would be interchangeable, but agree it is hard to catch luster in photos and that perfect surfaces sometimes look "altered" under certain, especially diffused lighting conditions. Hell do a ngc cert check on an ms 68 coin and blow up the image they take - it's not the most flattering, but clearly shows real surfaces without flash/gloss in the fields that can obscure imperfections. Regardless, coin is in the ms66 holder pictured above and is as pure and original as they come... Thx to all

The newest photo with the coin in the slab is better than many of the previous. Collectors are likely to be very conservative in estimating a coin's grade when grading from an internet image.