• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man Cited after paying bill with 2500 pennies

50 posts in this topic

A Utah man has been cited for disorderly conduct after paying for a disputed medical bill with 2,500 pennies.

The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports Jason West went to Basin Clinic in Vernal on May 27 prepared to dispute an outstanding $25 bill.

Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell says that after asking staff members whether they accepted cash, West dumped 2,500 pennies on the counter and demanded that staff count them.

Campbell says the incident upset staff because pennies were strewn about the counter and floor, and West's action served "no legitimate purpose."

Police later issued the 38-year-old West a citation for disorderly conduct. That carries a fine of as much as $140 or 14,000 pennies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if any of the office staff like roll searching!

The guy wasn't cited for paying with cents---he was cited for disturbing the peace and causing a commotion. He sounds mentally disturbed.

Alright you guys, I can see what ya'll are turning this post into. Don't say "who me??? Your not that innoCENT. lol

Cen't we all just get along?

I thought we were getting along stupennyly. I cents that Bobby is afraid that he will be pennylized for our behavior.

Chris

Uh oh, I'm starting to Cents hostility here. lol

I was about to enter my reply, but it made me think of something.

What does a coin collector consider noncents?

Chris

Uh oh, I'm starting to Cents hostility here. lol

I was about to enter my reply, but it made me think of something.

Chris

PennyLess?

A comic.

There doesn't appear to be any concentsus of opinion.

Chris

That's it, this thread has gotten out of control. Ya'll need to start acting centsibly now!

That's right! We wouldn't want Bobby to have an appennycitis attack.

Chris

If I had even a quarter the cents God gave a groat, I would have been a bell to refrain from casting my two-bits into the fray. Alas, my cents hit the shilling at about the level of the sheckles coinstraining my nickers.

That's it, this thread has gotten out of control. Ya'll need to start acting centsibly now!

That's right! We wouldn't want Bobby to have an appennycitis attack.

Chris

roflmao :signfunny:

At comic conventions, some people dress up like Batman, Supergirl ect... You guys are close to dressing up say, as a cent at coin conventions.

You guys are close to dressing up say, as a cent at coin conventions.

YIKES! You mean someone might dress up as some historical coin collector -- like Wally Breen?