• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My New 1955/55 Lincoln Cent

22 posts in this topic

I've been looking for one of these for years. I didn't want the typical "R/B" coins I see commonly in the marketplace but instead was holding out for one that sang to me- was a coin that was kind of special.

In looking at the new offerings at Northeast Numismatics I finally came upon my dream coin.

It arrived today and is everything I was hoping it would be.

These are the coin site's photos but truly do reflect accurately the look of this coin.

NGC graded:

55obv.jpg55rev.jpg

That's got a really cool blueish yellow thing goin' on! :thumbsup: Looks like, at least, a solid AU 50 or better.

I just found out about them (NE Numis.), myself, a few months ago and they get some nice coins from time to time.

I like the Hippie Hue... Most likely (not) discovered while at Woodstock just as Jimi Hendrix played Purple Haze and quickly wrapped in a chunk of cotton Tie Dye where it continued to tone all throughout the era of free love hm;) (thumbs u :headbang:

I like the Hippie Hue... Most likely (not) discovered while at Woodstock just as Jimi Hendrix played Purple Haze and quickly wrapped in a chunk of cotton Tie Dye where it continued to tone all throughout the era of free love hm;) (thumbs u :headbang:

It does have that pyschedelic effect to it, especially with the DDO. Nice coin.

I'm sorry but it ain't singing over here.

You need to find a tavern that doesn't have all of that rap stuff on the jukebox.

Chris

Pat that is A/ok. I see a few members have these.. BTW what is the highest graded one/one's out there?

I have one that I have had for years and thinking of sending it in. I have been offered some serious money for it raw.

I also know I can look at the pops on NGC or ATS coin prices, but some people crack out for upgrades and don't turn in labels.

I have an art bent to my preferences

and think that is one of the most beautiful 55 DDO's I have ever seen

and would even consider buying it as a painting or a poster

That's different for sure! I'm on the fence. Blue-green copper isn't my bag. But any '55 DDO is precious. I tried to find one for 40 years before I gave up and bought one.

Lance.

You have to work on your photography skills. The obverse image is really blurry.

Thank you for that. It's an excellent note other than they are not my photos. They were lifted from the website I purchased it from.

You have to work on your photography skills. The obverse image is really blurry.

Thank you for that. It's an excellent note other than they are not my photos. They were lifted from the website I purchased it from.

Photo thief! (tsk)