• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 26 - Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!!

29 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Which mint was the first to strike quarter dollars?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins two Intercept Shield Double Protection Boxes.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Official quarters were first struck at Philadelphia in 1796, but Joseph Wright designed a pattern quarter dollar in 1792 which was probably done in Philadelphia, but not at the original Philadelphia Mint site.

This seems to easy!! I want to say to say Phillidelphia and leaveit at that, But I know a trick question when I see it. So here is my reply. There was a pattern quarter dollar minted in 1792 by a John Reich. I could not find where the coin was minted but I am going to also say philidelphia for two reasons

1) the mint in that city must of been bring ready for coinage that started the next year. They had to test equptment.

2) according to a link that I am suppling Reich and hi s family died during a yellow fever out break in phillidelphia. in 1793.

here is the link

http://www.northeastcoin.com/1792.jsp

chris

lets try this again according to link I am providing Contenental congress adopted the spanish milled dollar as thier monatary unit.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/mint_history/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=Dollars

According to the red book page three they were minted in Mexico City, Bolivia, Chile, Columbia, Peru. and Guatemala.

• Administrator

Which mint was the first to strike quarter dollars?

Philadelphia

The winner is keithdagen!

Your prize is two Intercept Shield Double Protection boxes.

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly..... HKJames!

Your prize is the latest edition of the NGC Census report.

Congrats to our winners. Your prizes will be sent out right away.

Thanks to all!