• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This one was a GIMME!!!!

16 posts in this topic

Yeah man, I'll take it!!

If a seller is going to list a coin like this for $28.00 is there ANYTHING to think about? Well, not for me! I bought it. I said gimme dat coin! I'm pretty gosh darn happy with this coin, just look at it! Yes it is a common date Buff, no question about that. But there is nothing common about it's appearance. Edited to say the luster is BOOMING on this beauty!!

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

OK Joe, That's quite enough!!!!! We're going to have to give you a time out so the rest of us can regroup. :taptaptap:

I have NEVER had so much luck finding these types of coins as I have had lately, just alot of fun I'm having here. But the really BIG one is coming! I have over payed for coins I REALLY liked in the past, and the one that has almost buried me alive should be here at the end of this week or early next week, it depends on how fast the bank processes the check I sent off. I saw this piece at the Santa Clara coin show last November and it has haunted me ever since. So I called the seller and of course he still has it, because nobody is crazy enough to buy it but me (tsk)

So at this point I'm waiting, and waiting.....And it's all your falt "horns a plenty" BOB!!! Your the one who did this to me!!! :cry:

nice pick up :)

Thanks for saying so. But nice just doesn't cut it with this $28.00 coin. It's just a monster, and I never, ever use that word...The luster on this coin will BLIND you, it very well could be the best deal I have ever got on a coin! Thanks for the comment it is appreciated....Joe

Great pickup. The strike is almost prooflike, especially Liberty. Congrats.

Jim

You got me thinking about the "Liberty" You have a very good eye! I just did some extensive research in my "Cherry pickers Guide" For the 1936 Buffalo Nickel and it appears I have the FS-05-1936-101 Variety URS-7 33-64 known to exist. Hmmm, this $28.00 coin just keeps getting better all the time! I hope I'm right about this, looks like I am....This doubling is seen as extreme thick letters primarily on the date and "Liberty"....It goes on to say this is the strongest known Class VI doubled-die obverse for the series....Joe..... It's either that or perhaps this is a proof coin? The luster is overwhelming much, much brighter than anything else in my collection, and I have some 67s to compare....Something about this one?

nice grab indeed

however could you post a link or the photo they listed it with

I am sure the coin didnt look like your pic

or they never would have sold it!!!

28 bux?

Well, there's a no-brainer. I don't even collect Buffs and I can tell you I'd have pounced on that faster than my Border collie just did with the piece of turkey I dropped on the floor. I was making a sandwich and the stray piece of deli meat never actually HIT the floor. There was just a "schlupp!" sound and the dog was sitting there, wagging her tail.

Yep, that's how I'd have reacted to that deal.

nice grab indeed

however could you post a link or the photo they listed it with

I am sure the coin didn't look like your pic

or they never would have sold it!!!

Sorry this took so long....Here's the sellers image. It's not bad, but I sure don't understand why any one would take an image of a coin in a cardboard flip? Your fighting the clare from the cellophane!

I hate cardboards flips in a BIG way! I'll tell ya, staples and coin DO NOT go good together! I'm on a campaign to do away with these coin destroying little*^R#$$&^ I really dont get it? I wonder how many coins have been scratched by these stapled flips? I'll bet it's a high #...

At any rate, the images of this coin was plenty good enough for me to pull the trigger, as fast as I could. For $28.00? Come on now....

1936purchase1.jpg

1936purchase2.jpg

My images of the same coin....

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

Well, there's a no-brainer. I don't even collect Buffs and I can tell you I'd have pounced on that faster than my Border collie just did with the piece of turkey I dropped on the floor. I was making a sandwich and the stray piece of deli meat never actually HIT the floor. There was just a "schlupp!" sound and the dog was sitting there, wagging her tail.

Yep, that's how I'd have reacted to that deal.

Oh yeah! Very good description....It was like that.. :grin: