• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you guys think 1879 s

13 posts in this topic

Bags,

Your photos show a total lack of luster, so I would be inclined to go along with an EF grade.

By the way, I noticed that you are using a traditional stapler that curves the points under. I don't know if you use many of these 2x2's, but if you do, it might be a good idea to invest in a flat-cinch stapler. You see, those curved points can damage a coin if they are accidentally dragged across the face of another 2x2. This is especially possible if you store these 2x2's in a box.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&q=Flat+clinch+stapler&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11230353738937186962&sa=X&ei=899oTYHiKIi2twfe6oDmAg&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAw#

Chris

I'm betting the lack of luster is just from the fact it's in a 2x2 and quite possibly the lighting style. Just a guess. Also, Chris is absolutely correct. You want to use a different stapler so as not to scratch other coins. This can be done by using a different stapler or by using needle nose pliers to "squish" the staples inward. Of course, using a set of pliers near coins is not the preferred way as coins and tools usually don't mix!!