• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver 'ON FIRE' for the past few days......

15 posts in this topic

You know.......I look at gold at darn near 1400 bucks, silver trying to turn the corner at 33 bucks and the Dow Jones (up seventy-something today) at darn near 12,400.......Which one of these things is telling the truth ?

Paul

You know.......I look at gold at darn near 1400 bucks, silver trying to turn the corner at 33 bucks and the Dow Jones (up seventy-something today) at darn near 12,400.......Which one of these things is telling the truth ?

Paul

My feeling is that the Dow Jones is not the answer.

Tom, The Dow may not be done yet. The stock market was very oversold through most of last year and has made up some of that deficit. However, inflation of real goods (food and fuel) is high and the government is ignoring those numbers in the inflation index that they have chosen to use an an indicator for printing more money and which paints a rosier picture for their political agenda but not for the American people who work for a living and pay bills.

When you have a financial situation where the stock market and precious metals are both going up, it means that inflation is strong and will drive all prices higher. It appears that this will be so for some time yet until the government does something about rising prices. Interest rates are still too low in this country and the banks are still not loaning money and until that changes, what are people going to invest their money in? Corporate profits are also improving and companies are starting to buy back their stocks which improves PE ratios.

I hear you, OT3. The stock market has likely lost quite a few folks my age from their pool of possible investors for many years to come given the disgraceful acts that were committed by many banks and companies out of nothing more than sheer greed. Once our foreign friends stop buying up US debt at such a fast rate then we will see more effects.

I agree Tom, especially about the greed and double dealing that went on. Many people in my age group got locked into their 401-k's for the duration of this crisis. I know that I did and am just starting now to climb out of the hole which Wall Street and the banks of Main Street put my generation in.

I have converted most of my mutual funds into bond funds as they crawled out of the red. I am retired and the return/risk ratio does not interest me any more, just keeping what little that I have left. I have also sold the 50 ounces of silver my wife and I had at $28/oz. We made money on it and that is all that counts.

My generation sold 50 million American (value added) jobs overseas to the highest bidder as well. Not a legacy to be proud of for my generation.

The St. Louis SLNA show was going nuts over silver. It's been awhile since I've seen so much of the white stuff going back and forth over tables. SilverTowne was absolutely going bonkers. The line at their table stretched about a third of the way down the aisle.

This is no joke. Modern silver commems were HOT HOT HOT.

The St. Louis SLNA show was going nuts over silver. It's been awhile since I've seen so much of the white stuff going back and forth over tables. SilverTowne was absolutely going bonkers. The line at their table stretched about a third of the way down the aisle.

This is no joke. Modern silver commems were HOT HOT HOT.

Thanks for the show report James. (thumbs u

I still believe you ain't seen nothing yet---and oil is heading to $200 a barrel possibly if things get worse in ME and Venezuala ( Chavez stated today he is breaking the oil export agreement with the US and they supply 7% of our oil)..possibly $6-7 per gallon in US by late summer, Iranian warships in Mediterranean shipping long-range missiles to the Hezzbolah in southern Lebanon/Syria...things are really getting squirrly right now..it could blow over or it could be the most turbulent year since 1945...