• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Numismatic New Years Resolution! Got One?

17 posts in this topic

Well I noticed mtnstyne's post about the 7070 type set. I've been wanting to start one of these for a while and have never done it. So for my numismatic resolution for 2011 will be to at least by the Dansco 7070 and see if I can attempt a start to one of these.

So do any of you have any type of numismatic resolution planned or thought about?

Hopefully to spend LESS money this coming year lol I was way over budget this year!

Fortunately the wife does'nt really pay attention :whistle:

I agree with Razor. Spend less money on coins this coming year.

My resolution is to reduce my hoard by one half and finish my 1897 mint set honoring my grandmothers birth year. I can't have one without the other :(

Well I don't really have one but I am thinking of starting a new set this year.

I have came to a stand still with my Roosevelt collection. I will more than likely

be adding one Roosevelt for each year till the collection is the way I want it.

I am still thinking about starting a new set but I don't know which one yet. hm

Continue to watch the price of silver...if it surpasses the Numismatic value of a silver coin like it did in 1979, I'm going to start looking for a PM buyer.

I usually do not make resolutions, but I am going to break that for this year... I am not going to get into an email "discussion" with a New Jersey-based dealer whose #1 rule is that dealer is always right. When that dealer is wrong, I am supposed to read rule #1 again. I will not get into that discussion again!!

Scott

Well, I need the 1885 Lib Nickel to complete the set and plan to upgrade the 1912S I currently have.

I also bought a 7070 book but haven't yet decided how to proceed. It is harder than I thought, as I want to avoid coin turnover trying to "get happy" with the set.

Budget will be about the same as last year.....as my wife puts it, "too much" :devil:

Here's to great year of collecting

Cheers

OP

I would like to finish off my Franklin cameo set next year. Also, add some more Morgans to my collection. Ok, one more thing! I would like to purchase a blue-toned coin. It would have to be one that just blows my mind away when I look at it. It doesn't have to be a Morgan or Franklin.

This is a good question, Bobby.

I am on a mission to complete my early Walker set. I would like to have at least 75% of it complete by the end of 2011. It will be another strong buying year for me.

I wished I would have focused my efforts on this endeavor 5-10 years ago....better late than never. :) I am an even more savvy buyer, now, than I was then.

I so am committed and dedicated to doing this. I have the knowledge but just a little more money would be nice. lol

I was successful at sellinig in 2010, so I may continue this trend to raise more capital.

Hmmm, I won't count the 7070 as my resolution for 2011, but I plan on cleaning out the "bulk" coins if silver holds it prices and focus more on buying quality coins instead of quantity. I don't even know how many morgans I have, but 90% are very poor quality.

Hopefully to spend LESS money this coming year lol I was way over budget this year!

Fortunately the wife does'nt really pay attention :whistle:

Ditto! Otherwise,, :makepoint:

But I would like to:

Upgrade my bust half registry to all XF/AU. Still have a handfull of VFs hanging around.

Improve my coin photography

Clean out some dreck and keep focused on my 1793-1810 type set.