• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2nd Annual NGC Secret Santa Swap: Show What You Got!!!

68 posts in this topic

There is another shane on these forums ???

Maybe so, but I was the one who received the 1961 PR-67 ANACS *toned* Jefferson nickel from the one and only Kryptonitecomics :whee:

Gorgeous proof with that natural azure blue with a hint of pink. It is mesmerizing to watch the color changes as this coin is tilted back and forth in a nice light.

I will get some scans up later.

Thanks Shane, this coin will fit nicely into my Jefferson proofs!

61proof013.jpg

61proof015.jpg

I had to promise to never sell that coin when Ron Sirna gave it to me....there are very few...maybe about 20 examples that have the Toned Coin Collectors Society on the label (thumbs u

Here are the pictures I took of the coin a long time ago...sorry I didn't think to try to image it before sending it out...

Proofnickelobv.jpg

Proofnickelrev.jpg

Yeah, I've got two of them. I did have four but I gave two away as gifts myself.

Chris

Where did you get them from Chris?

I got them from Ron when I paid the TCCS dues for 4 years. It was the same year that I gave you the shirt.

Chris

Well, I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to be my mystery gift or not. It's a shot glass from Ireland, but there is no name, card or note enclosed. I don't have one from Ireland so it will go happily into my collection.

I tried taking a photo, but you can't see anything. The design and lettering is white on clear glass.

Chris

Well, I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to be my mystery gift or not. It's a shot glass from Ireland, but there is no name, card or note enclosed. I don't have one from Ireland so it will go happily into my collection.

I tried taking a photo, but you can't see anything. The design and lettering is white on clear glass.

Chris

Chris,

The crystal shot glass was from me "Old Pueblo". I saw that you collected Shot Glasses in your profile and thought that would be cool. Sorry about the absent note it should have read "Happy Santa Swap, OP" doh!

I think it graded PF69!

Glad you like the gift, here's to you and your family

Cheers

OP

107235.jpg.89266785d3a1b863fa7afb07aea7089e.jpg

Chris

Chris,

The crystal shot glass was from me "Old Pueblo". I saw that you collected Shot Glasses in your profile and thought that would be cool. Sorry about the absent note it should have read "Happy Santa Swap, OP" doh!

I think it graded PF69!

Cheers

OP

Oops! I missed it on the packing slip. The print was small, and I should have worn my glasses. It didn't come in the green box. This must have been their last one. So that's what a Celtic Knot looks like. It's no wonder they weren't very good sailors. They were all tied up. :devil:

Thanks, Larry! It's a great addition to the collection.

Chris

I got them from Ron when I paid the TCCS dues for 4 years. It was the same year that I gave you the shirt.

Chris

Ok I was a founding member and your an old pool shark...how the heck did you rate 2 and I only got one lol lol lol

Chris

Ok I was a founding member and your an old pool shark...how the heck did you rate 2 and I only got one lol lol lol

I did have four! The membership was $25 per year, and I gave Ron a C-note. He didn't have change, so I just told him to sign me up for four years. Then he told me I could pick out four of them. I wasn't greedy, though. There was one other 68 in the box, but I only took one.

Chris

Thank you, Bob Campbell for the gorgeous 1956 PR67RD Lincoln. I have taken a dozen photos and none of which would do anything but embarrass me and show none of the coin's attributes. Sorry about that. Just can't handle the deep mirror finish and my camera.

BTW, Bob, I'm sure if you personally contacted Jason, he would allow you to bend Santa Swap rules this one time. I'm really, really, really sure he would, if you want.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.

Thank you Jason for your work involved with this great yearly tradition.

Jim

Yes, thanks Jason for all your work with this. I very much enjoy looking at my Jeff from Jaime. thanks again jaime. Also, looks like all came out pretty good. Another Merry Christmas has gotten us all!

I went with color over grade and I paid more than $100 for my membership and I only got one coin....I am going to have to call Ron lol

They're all blue, but just a tad nicer than yours.

Chris :devil:

Hello,

I received my Secret Santa gift today! :banana:

I was waiting for 1 gift, but received 15 of them - wonderful Liberty Nickels!!! :whee:

I had ~3-4 Nickels, but now i'm definitely buying an album and starting Liberty Nickels Set!

Thank you very much Jackson & Marianne. :applause:

Merry Christmas and happy New Years!

LibertyNickels.jpg

Chris

Chris,

I think it graded PF69!

Cheers

OP

Larry,

I should have posted this for you to see the collection. This is about half of them.

Chris

107288.jpg.62030eb7a400a228b32212708fc53636.jpg

Larry,

I should have posted this for you to see the collection. This is about half of them.

Chris

Nice Collection Chris.

I have 26 Hard Rock shot glasses. 20 of them are from overseas.

Thanks Jeff (jtryka) for my Santa Swap Surprize!

My very first world coin: 175 JAHRE EISENBAHN IN DEUTSCHLAND

Silver 10 Euro! Very Cool (thumbs u

AND..

The first coin to be inserted to the Dansco 7070....

The 1942 Mercury! This is a perfect coin to fill that lone Mercury hole in the 7070. :applause:

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

I enjoy your Overton post too.

Merry Christmas and Cheers

OP

107293.jpg.bfeaaab7a75c8c3e49b6b5a0b8cea29b.jpg

107294.jpg.e0464cf3aa2ee02d0636c42a9ba0359c.jpg

107295.jpg.b1b171e4c78dd49501801956823b5a48.jpg

107296.jpg.6ebe7c5fc327b4685c696fb0be0d2c9c.jpg

Glad you like them OP! The dime I picked up from a local show last weekend, got a few of them as they were just so pretty I couldn't settle for one! I got 2 for secret santa swaps (one on another board too), and one dated 1941 that I saved in memory of my dad. The train coins commemorate the first rail lines in Germany in 1835, they just came out and I got carried away and got a whole roll from Germany, so I thought I'd share them. This is also one of the last to be minted in sterling 0.925 fine silver, as the melt value is now just above face value. Next year they will all be 60% silver. Plus I thought the design was cool with the old locomotive on top of the outline of the new ICE train.

Merry Christmas!

Glad you like them OP! The dime I picked up from a local show last weekend, got a few of them as they were just so pretty I couldn't settle for one! I got 2 for secret santa swaps (one on another board too), and one dated 1941 that I saved in memory of my dad. The train coins commemorate the first rail lines in Germany in 1835, they just came out and I got carried away and got a whole roll from Germany, so I thought I'd share them. This is also one of the last to be minted in sterling 0.925 fine silver, as the melt value is now just above face value. Next year they will all be 60% silver. Plus I thought the design was cool with the old locomotive on top of the outline of the new ICE train.

Merry Christmas!

Excellent! Here's the beginning of a long collecting journey that you started for me.

:)

107297.jpg.90ab1a9ad6a0232ee2712b874d1a26c2.jpg

sorry for mis-posting the name of my secret santa..thanks again Jason for the wonderful Kennedy half !

And I'm glad that you liked the Liberty nickels Brol..Merry Christmas e1

sorry for mis-posting the name of my secret santa..thanks again Jason for the wonderful Kennedy half !

And I'm glad that you liked the Liberty nickels Brol..Merry Christmas e1

It's understandable as I am such an important poster around here :acclaim:

I received a book today entitled: "Numismatic Forgery" all about the techniques employed in counterfeiting rare coins. Should prove to be an interesting book and a good reference to have around. Thanks Jim!

I received a book today entitled: "Numismatic Forgery" all about the techniques employed in counterfeiting rare coins. Should prove to be an interesting book and a good reference to have around. Thanks Jim!

That is a great read, a real eye opener.

Thanks for running this Secret Santa Jason, once again I had fun, not in only getting a TCCS provenance slab, but seeing and hearing about all the other great gifts exchanged.

Just received late yesterday from James_EarlyUS. From an estate sale, a gorgeous coin plate depicting the coinage of 1964. James also included a starter coin in case I decide to duplicate/complete the set.

Thank you James for the very cool gift. BTW James, I didn't receive a gift from you last year, but the other way around. ;) The MPL book.

7640abf2.jpg

1b563b05.jpg

07384f9a.jpg

Just received late yesterday from James_EarlyUS. From an estate sale, a gorgeous coin plate depicting the coinage of 1964. James also included a starter coin in case I decide to duplicate/complete the set.

Thank you James for the very cool gift. BTW James, I didn't receive a gift from you last year, but the other way around. ;) The MPL book.

7640abf2.jpg

1b563b05.jpg

07384f9a.jpg

That is really cool gift!

OP

Dang Bob, nice image!

I always thought that plate could make a terrific centerpiece for a 1964 set of coins. If I'd come up with a way to frame it and a nice assortment of supporting coins, I would have done it!

So, here is a link to what I received from my Secret Santa RRantique, well worthy of its own individual, and hopefully educational post.

For those who don't want to click over, here are some quick images:

l1921slab.jpg

l1921o_.jpgl1921r_.jpg

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all!