• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Launches New US Coin Price Guide

54 posts in this topic

Scott,

Has the new price guide been linked to the Collection Manager?

Chris

I think so. So far, I haven't noticed any price changes per se; rather, they appear only to have added new functionality (i.e. trend tracking, etc.).

• Administrator

Sorry I’ve been slow to provide more information. Some of the errors reported initially proved difficult to replicate consistently. A new build of the guide that fixes this glitch should be live soon.

Razor2k – In IE8, you can uncheck Compatibility View from the Tools menu. This change should give you a faster load time in the current version.

bubbapauls – You should no longer encounter errors if you’re using Firefox.

cpm9ball – The prices shown in the Collection Manager are the same as the coins in the price guide. The two resources are not directly linked yet.

AnkurJ – Thanks for the suggestion.

• Administrator

Texas - check to see if you're running IE8 in compatibility mode. If you are, please turn compatibility mode off for the price guide.

First off wanted to say killer. 2nd off is it me or is the NGC website running really slow?

Edited to add, seems back to normal...

On a side note, it would be great if the grade line was kept at the top of the screen when scrolling long list of coins.

I personally liked the old price guide better

whenever you scrolled over a coin the GRADE chart would pop up right above it

the new features are cool but I preferred the other.

I dont know why that cant do both ...that would be awesome

Mitch

That's the only thing that needs to be fixed. Either the Grade scale needs to be moved to more parts of the coin section or something. If you're a ways down a list of a series, you either have to scroll up to see what grade box you're looking at or count backwards from 70 to the grade you're interested in. Otherwise, very nice!

• Administrator
That's the only thing that needs to be fixed. Either the Grade scale needs to be moved to more parts of the coin section or something. If you're a ways down a list of a series, you either have to scroll up to see what grade box you're looking at or count backwards from 70 to the grade you're interested in. Otherwise, very nice!

This was a change that we made last week actually. If you click on the popup-icon.gif in a row of coins, the grade header will appear right above it. This makes the pages load a lot faster and allows you to move your mouse around without the grade header moving with it.

this is an awesome feature..thank you NGC !..the only downside is the 40-50% drop off of almost every coin in the last 4Y ( 4years) :o ....even many keys have suffered this fate, and especially "condition rarities". I know my MS66 and 67 Walkers are dropping like rocks in value doh!

This price guide is phenomenal. I find that it is easy to navigate and is user friendly. I really enjoyed looking up current prices of my Morgans with so much ease. I will definitely be taking advantage of this price guide in the future with all of my coins! Thank you NGC. You are awesome!