• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Launches New US Coin Price Guide

54 posts in this topic

• Administrator

We've launched a new price guide for US coins that contains over five years of historic data, graphs and trend analyzing tools. It's very cool and it's completely free.

Click to learn more.

Or go right to the guide . Click on any price to explore new features.

And don't forget to tell us what you think.

• Administrator

Thanks! The start date on the coin price data will always be July 2005. Each month, new data will be added and the performance values recalculated accordingly. So, yes, in July 2015 we'll offer a 10 year price history.

We're hoping to get some feedback about how the price guide can be improved or made more useful. For example, I think that a lot of collectors would like to compare coin price to precious metal values over time, so we're going to add gold, silver and platinum indices to the historical chart.

After a quick check of some coins I am very familiar with the value of I must say I am impressed with the accuracy. It will be interesting to dig further and if I continue to see the same results in other series then this will most certainly be a guide I will use in the future becuase current guides like the one across the street are much higher in most cases then what you actually have to pay for coins so they are pretty worthless.

Excellent...I looked at some prices and they seem pretty darned close and are not inflated/skewed.

I like the way the tool bar (Mint/Year) follows you down the column, that is really nice!

Good job!

We've launched a new price guide for US coins that contains over five years of historic data, graphs and trend analyzing tools. It's very cool and it's completely free.

Click to learn more.

Or go right to the guide . Click on any price to explore new features.

And don't forget to tell us what you think.

A very nice price guide. Having said this, I cannot find the information for my regular 1794 cent. I would surmise that this is a work in progress.

way cool and free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks scott i am going to take a few hours over the next week and take a look see

also scott is there anyway a simple version of the pop reports with no price guide can be no charge

to forum members??

way cool and free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks scott i am going to take a few hours over the next week and take a look see

also scott is there anyway a simple version of the pop reports with no price guide can be no charge

to forum members??

Awesome job. Thanks NGC. ^^

Thanks! The start date on the coin price data will always be July 2005. Each month, new data will be added and the performance values recalculated accordingly. So, yes, in July 2015 we'll offer a 10 year price history.

We're hoping to get some feedback about how the price guide can be improved or made more useful. For example, I think that a lot of collectors would like to compare coin price to precious metal values over time, so we're going to add gold, silver and platinum indices to the historical chart.

In terms of suggestions, NGC may want to try to create a much more specific guide, including sight unseen bid levels for NGC coins, wholesale bid, wholesale ask, and retail values.

Edited to add: will NGC include pricing information for FT Roosevelt Dimes and FS Jefferson NIckels (for both 5 and 6 steps). These are truly needed as the only readily available values exist ATS and as everyone knows, that they are inflated.

Nice addition... another excellent software release.

Would love to see a visual registry next, where users could, for example, click on the same price guide link, and below the historical info, see a gallery of all NGC imaged coins that met that year, mint, type and grade. Any users who have obscured their sets, won't have their images in this registry.

Again, nice work!

Is anyone else having trouble with the new price guide loading? Sometimes I can view prices and other times it just times out and I get the "not responding"

message at the Internet Explorer bar at the top of my screen. Did not experience

this problem before. Don't know if it is an issue on my end or with the website.

• Administrator

Thanks everyone for your comments. Some responses to questions (and complaints):

mike169 - The values for more varieties of 1794 cents are showing. If anyone else notices similar omissions, please let me know.

michael - We can't offer site resources for free to message board members because the member management for the boards is a separate from the NGC site login. But…full access to site resources and direct submission costs only $39/year and that's really an amazing value.

coinman_23885 - We've had several great planning sessions with NumisMedia regarding areas of the market that aren't covered and FT Roosevelts and FS Jeffersons are on the list. The introduction of plus-graded coins and the major changes in precious metals prices are keeping them busy, too.

jerseycat10 - Thanks for the suggestions. We have some cool stuff coming in 2011.

Razor2k, RWW, bubbapauls - Good speed and responsiveness were important requirements when we set out to create the new price guide, and we'll do what we can to eliminate these types of issues. Can you let me know the page that you were trying to access, e.g. MS Morgan Dollars? Also, it would be helpful it you could let me know the browser and version that you're using, e.g. Internet Explore 8.0, and the type of internet connection that you have, e.g. cable or T1. That will help us to investigate this more thoroughly.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Some responses to questions (and complaints):

mike169 - The values for more varieties of 1794 cents are showing. If anyone else notices similar omissions, please let me know.

michael - We can't offer site resources for free to message board members because the member management for the boards is a separate from the NGC site login. Butfull access to site resources and direct submission costs only $39/year and that's really an amazing value.

coinman_23885 - We've had several great planning sessions with NumisMedia regarding areas of the market that aren't covered and FT Roosevelts and FS Jeffersons are on the list. The introduction of plus-graded coins and the major changes in precious metals prices are keeping them busy, too.

jerseycat10 - Thanks for the suggestions. We have some cool stuff coming in 2011.

Razor2k, RWW, bubbapauls - Good speed and responsiveness were important requirements when we set out to create the new price guide, and we'll do what we can to eliminate these types of issues. Can you let me know the page that you were trying to access, e.g. MS Morgan Dollars? Also, it would be helpful it you could let me know the browser and version that you're using, e.g. Internet Explore 8.0, and the type of internet connection that you have, e.g. cable or T1. That will help us to investigate this more thoroughly.

Hi Scott, I have not been able to access "MS Morgan Dollar" pricing as of yet. I am using Internet Explorer 8 and have Road Runner cable through Brighthouse.