• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photobucket changes and eBay photo self-hosters......

24 posts in this topic

Is this bothering anyone else?

The changes introduced to Photobucket this morning will make it much more difficult for self-hosters to organize and work with their pictures.

Anyone else unhappy about it ?

It never ceases to amaze me that site developers continue to change sites, even if the changes are not for the benefit of the user. It seems like change for the sake of change.

Paul

I just uploaded some photos and I figured I'd tough it out and figure out these changes.

Well, I'm not able to copy the links for the photos. This is not good.....

Paul

You probably have to use the Command-C keys on the link you want in order to copy it. I've had to do that for over a year while in the album view mode.

Thanks for the heads up, I checked it out. At least on a Mac, all you have to do is mouse over the pic and the info for linking pops up. Won't have a problem it is the same list of linking mechanisms as before.......

doh! Just when I was comfortable with how to navigate the new style Photobucket, they change it yet again?

Don't they understand baby boomers are rather inept with the World Wide Web and how all this technology works?

Some danged ITT graduate whiz bang kid is trying to impress his supervisor by re-writing the whole cotton picken program, standing back and saying, this would go a lot faster if the company got more servers.

~phooey~

What is a command-C key?

I don't know what key combination Windows users have for the copy command, but with Apple it is the Command key PLUS the C key. Maybe for Windows it's Alt-C, Control-C, Option-C, etc. I suppose I should have written key(s) instead of key. Sorry.

What is a command-C key?

I don't know what key combination Windows users have for the copy command, but with Apple it is the Command key PLUS the C key. Maybe for Windows it's Alt-C, Control-C, Option-C, etc. I suppose I should have written key(s) instead of key. Sorry.

It's "Control-C" in Windows.

It looks a bit different but everything is working the same for me as always....as previously mentioned I just put my cursor over the images and a drop down list appears with the different image urls....?

The "Control-C" DOES work for copying the image URL's.

Thanks for the tip......There's one problem solved......

Another thing the site is doing to me.....When I try to upload into a specific album, the photos ALWAYS go into my home album. Then I have to go in there and move them.....

Paul

i mike the mouse over thing now. so if you link the page it doesnt show the codes until the mouse over. the general html for the album is still on right side and the rest are under mouse over. before this change i would always have to set the size i wanted it uploaded as now it remains what i saved it as.

The "Control-C" DOES work for copying the image URL's.

Thanks for the tip......There's one problem solved......

Another thing the site is doing to me.....When I try to upload into a specific album, the photos ALWAYS go into my home album. Then I have to go in there and move them.....

Paul

You are doing something wrong. Move to the album you want the photos uploaded and click to upload there. I've done it a hundred times to many different folders without a single problem.

I threw out my PC's and now only use Macs. So maybe there's some difference? With the new interface I never have to use C to copy a URL. As others have said, place the cursor over the image and it expands to show you options. Click one and it is automatically copied to your clipboard. V to paste it to your posting.

Lance.

I've not had much trouble with the new Photobucket system. Some things are easier; some are harder; on balance the amount of effort is about the same. I guess the programers need something do so that they can justify their salary. (shrug)

The changes introduced to Photobucket this morning will make it much more difficult for self-hosters to organize and work with their pictures.

It never ceases to amaze me that site developers continue to change sites, even if the changes are not for the benefit of the user. It seems like change for the sake of change.Paul

(thumbs u

It never ceases to amaze me that site developers continue to change sites, even if the changes are not for the benefit of the user. It seems like change for the sake of change.Paul

(thumbs u
Don't blame developers. Most of this is driven by Marketing. Developers just do what they're told, usually.

Lance.

(thumbs u
Whatcha doing in the coin forum, Bunky! :hi:

It took me a while to find out how to use the clickable thumbnail option but, i'm getting used to the changes.

My biggest problem now is the removal of the photo 'name'. You can't see it unless you scroll over the picture.

Of course an album of circ Lincolns, all the thumbnails look the same. It's really added to my time spent searching for specific pictures.....

Paul

I love how easy it is to copy the url links or image tags now....just put your cursor over the picture then select the link you want from the drop down and click on it...no more highlighting the link and clicking copy....sure useful change for me. :applause:

I was able to navigate through the system without much trouble. It’s easier to grab the “http” for pictures now in my opinion, but I have a number of albums to keep everything straight, and getting to them now takes an extra step. There are also fewer pictures per page when I look for photos which adds more steps. Overall I’d say the new system didn’t enhance anything and made some operations more time consuming.

I guess the programmers need to do something to justify their employment. (shrug)

i had seen an option where u can hide the actual file name. if you use the file name find the option to randomize that should take you to old school style. i cant seem to find it again this morn but i know i had chosen it at one time when updated.

also i love the new edit view for deleteing purposes. can clear a whole album in seconds now.

ha found it. its at the bottom of the "upload options"

Privacy options:

1. Scramble my filenames to make my links hard to guess

2. Permanently remove information about where my photos were taken

check or uncheck the box next to #1 and you should show name of file as normal.

It's strange, on one laptop, both are running windows 7, when I click over the IMG code, it automatically copies the code. On the other, I have to hit the CTRL C button, because if I right click on it the rollover disappears.