• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Silver Eagle Proofs go on sale 11/19/10!!

28 posts in this topic

:news: Dave Harper of Numismatic News posted an entry on his blog announcing that the U.S. Mint will begin selling American Silver Eagle Proof coins on November 19! Limit 100 per household.

Cost will be $45.95 per coin and delivery is planned for December 1. Silver is $22.03 per troy ounce as I type this.

For us fans of the ASE proof, this is wonderful news! I'm ready to place my order... but waiting until 11/19!

Scott

I have a subscription for these so hopefully I fall right into line on them. It's too bad they are showing that the Uncir won't be made, looks like just the proofs!

That is good news.

Did they say which Mint would be producing them ?

West Point - Philadelphia or San Francisco. I like the

idea of Denver though - just to mix it up a bit !!

Too bad about no matte prooflikes though !!

Saw it on his blog, and I'm comment #2 :). I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen this anywhere else, though ... none of the other blogs, though I don't really expect to see it in the Mint's pressroom feed 'cause they suck about notifications like that.

My RSS feeds just updated. They actually did post it. Impressive that it only took a few hours. And my RSS feeds just updated with your own blog's take on it. ;)

Personally, I think the ASE proofs are overrated, as well as over priced.

The bullions can be had from anywhere between $2.25 - $3.00 over spot, and are a great looking bullion coin.

There are alot of coins that fall into those categories also, to each thier own my friend!

The bullions can be had from anywhere between $2.25 - $3.00 over spot, and are a great looking bullion coin.

There are alot of coins that fall into those categories also, to each thier own my friend!

Yes, there are.

I like the look of the proof coin, so I collect them. I collect them because I like them not for their bullion value. I will buy this coin because I like proof silver coins and to keep my set complete. Is that OK?

I like the look of the proof coin, so I collect them. I collect them because I like them not for their bullion value. I will buy this coin because I like proof silver coins and to keep my set complete. Is that OK?

Did I say to anyone, "Don't buy these because they're overrated and priced."?

I merely gave my opinion of the proof ASEs.

Is'nt about time the mint made some error on the ASE production to create a low mintage year, or something to get excited about :o

(if I could lucky enough to get one)

Cheers

OP

Is'nt about time the mint made some error on the ASE production to create a low mintage year, or something to get excited about :o

(if I could lucky enough to get one)

Cheers

OP

They did, the 2008 rev of 2007. Doubt you'll see it on a proof tho'.

So wait, ASE will have a 'w' mint mark and it is a low mintage year and there was some errors in this ASE??

They haven't even come out yet. Doubt we'll see any errors in these proofs. Who says these will be low mintage also??

Well it's good to know they haven't changed thier minds yet. Got this in my email today:

Dear United States Mint Customer, The United States Mint will be processing your subscription order for the 2010 American Eagle Silver Proof Coin in approximately 4 weeks. Our records indicate you have the following subscription(s):