• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878 CC Morgan Guess the Grade

15 posts in this topic

In a PCGS holder...if you read one of my posts earlier this week you already know what it is but let me know what you think. My photos for some reason always seem to accentuate the surface marks and they always look better in hand. 1878CCRev.jpg[/img]

1878CCObv.jpg

I'll say MS64 only because of the hit in the center of Liberty's face. If it had been anywhere else other than a prime focal point, it would probably be an MS65.

Chris

I'm also agreeing with 64. The blownup pics show the blemishes on libertys face but I'm sure doesn't look as bad in hand. I still think the nics have it at 64 tho'.

Here is another picture, the one that I used to buy the coin from. It actually shows the luster better and reflects more the "in hand" look.

1878CC1.jpg[/img]

Here is another picture, the one that I used to buy the coin from. It actually shows the luster better and reflects more the "in hand" look.

1878CC1.jpg[/img]

You forgot to black out the code!

64+

Chris

I'd grade it MS-63 because there are too many marks on the cheek to go any high, but there was a time when CC dollars sometimes got an extra point from the grading services because they were CC dollars.

I'd grade it MS-63 because there are too many marks on the cheek to go any high, but there was a time when CC dollars sometimes got an extra point from the grading services because they were CC dollars.

It's a MS-64+:

1878CC1.jpg

The red circle is over the grade in the serial number.

PCGS labels are all that way.

Just returned from an auction that didn't happen (another story)... and realized I didn't black out the code..lol.

Yep 64+. Pretty happy with it and I will post another I picked up today at a pawn shop later.