• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my new upgrade

16 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone--

About 6 months ago I posted a Walker on here that I wasn't sure whether or not I should/would keep it (1929 d MS 64) and I asked the board for advice. I had mixed reactions but many told me it wasn't really the nicest coin and that I probably shouldn't keep it. I, myself, did not really like it, b/c it had a FLAT thumb. I was torn but I kept it. Long story short--I liquidated it and upgraded, so I just wanted to show off the new one to you guys here on the board. Here it is!! Thx.

1929dobvnspcgs6492310-1-1-1-1.jpg

1929dnspcgs6492310-1.jpg

Thank You, All!! It's so much nicer to have a coin that you really enjoy and have no doubts about as opposed to one that really doesn't excite you much and that you question; regardless of the number on the insert. The only problem is that they're not always easy to find but this one definitely prompted me to act on it and I'm glad that I did!

Fantastically strong strike. I'll bet the luster is killer in hand as well, even if it has been dipped.

Thanks, Jason--Yes, strike is my # 1 priority but after owning a '16s that was cleaned and had very poor luster, if not damaged surfaces, I learned how important good luster can be, as well. IMO, this one is a real blazer with clean fields, too. BTW my 1820 CBH came back AU 53 after it was submitted to the TPGC by the dealer that I sold it to. He held it for a long time and when he finally moved it he only made about 20 bucks on it---not what he or I had envisioned. Sorry that I was defensive. I'm glad that you like my Walker!