• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Oldtrader!!

23 posts in this topic

have a great day !!

and what are you doing for yourself coinwise today??

or possibly you will buy a coin for your collection sometime in the near future as a birthday present to yourself?/

Happy Day Charlie!!! Hey, did they make coins when you were born, you old codger? ;)

Thanks for all of your hanging around these boards (and the planet) over the years! Hoot

Thanks Hoot, no, we used stone money and bartering when I was a boy. Been a while since we spoke, are you an PhD/MD yet?

I have been trying to find some more 1862 coins that I save up for and some Brit. Empire, Pre-decimal but prices are catching up with the dark side, British stuff as well.

Hey Charlie - Nope, still in med school, but I'm at last in my clinical rotations (clerkship). Thank goodness - another year (or minute for that matter) in the clssroom would have killed me. I'm old and frail now but the Army still wants me after school is done with me. Dues to pay...

Yes, the darkside material has gotten downright obscenely expensive in many cases. Still, for the rarity of material it can be a comparative bargain. Keep at 'em and those Civil War pieces as well!

Hoot