• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade the 73-CC half

15 posts in this topic

I don't think that nic would be bad enough to stop it from grading. Not real good at grading these Jim but I'm gonna guess would make EF35 to 40.

I'll submit it at the next Long Beach show. One note, I've shown it to a few dealers over the years and every one of them tried their best to buy it for what were strong prices at the time.

Opinions as to whether it matters if I submit through PCGS or NGC?

NGC is better. And I'm not just saying that because its their forum.
Given the same grade in both holders.... the PCGS coin will be valued higher... and I'm not just saying that because this is the NGC board. :)

I've found great coins in both holders, although PCGS has the higher population stats overall; I would pay and have paid every bit as much for a nice NGC as for a PCGS....IMHO.

NGC is also better from a submitters stand point. Prices and service are better. I am maddened by the fact that PCGS does not allow NGC coins into their registry. PCGS slab holder trays won't fit NGC coins, either, whereas NGC slab holders fit both NGC and PCGS slabs. I just don't like PCGS' snobbiness and don't think that they're any better...just my opinion.

Coin looks XF 45 btw.......

NGC is better. And I'm not just saying that because its their forum.
Given the same grade in both holders.... the PCGS coin will be valued higher... and I'm not just saying that because this is the NGC board. :)

To piggyback on Coindude's comment... that's exactly the reason to give preference to certified coins in NGC holders :grin: !