• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A coin I have always dreamed of owning.....

20 posts in this topic

Ever since I began collecting and got my first redbook (some eleven years ago), I have always dreamed of owning a $10 Indian. I never purchased one because they were either way out of my means, or I couldn't justify such an expense when there were coins I needed for my type set. Well, my type set is gone now, and when I saw this one offered well back of bid, I jumped on it. It is not the nicest example (I would like a little more crust on a circulated gold coin), but it was bought under the guise of gold bullion, so I'm very happy. :D

1911%20%2410%20Indian%20Obv.jpg1911%20%2410%20Indian%20Rev.jpg

Ever since I began collecting and got my first redbook (some eleven years ago), I have always dreamed of owning a $10 Indian. I never purchased one because they were either way out of my means, or I couldn't justify such an expense when there were coins I needed for my type set. Well, my type set is gone now, and when I saw this one offered well back of bid, I jumped on it. It is not the nicest example (I would like a little more crust on a circulated gold coin), but it was bought under the guise of gold bullion, so I'm very happy. :D

1911%20%2410%20Indian%20Obv.jpg1911%20%2410%20Indian%20Rev.jpg

really good looking coin and a great collector and gold bullion play

might i ask how much you paid for this bad boy??

wow (thumbs u

you did extremely well my friend

i rather have this coin at that price then any half ounce gold eagle

also when gold goes to 1400+ by the end of the year/next year if not sooner you will be in the coin under melt

and i think for a ten indian the premium and demand will be greater in the coin market than for a half ounce gold eagle

Any time you can get a Saint-Gaudens coin for near melt you are doing well! I think it's a beauty, sure it might have been in jewelry or something, at one time but it sure does wear well! Congrats Zach!

Gratz!

I've always wanted a 1932 $10 Indian.

I like the 1932 $20 Indian too. It is the only U.S. gold coin minted in the 1930s that the average collector can hope to own. You need to be selective because a lot of these coins have been graded for "investment portfolios, but it's fun to find a nice one!

Zach,

Very nice buy! This is one of my favorite designs in numismatics, It took quite a while for me to find one that I liked at a price that I liked.

Gratz!

I've always wanted a 1932 $10 Indian.

Here is the one I ended picking up. I bought it raw from a local dealer for $850 last year. I knew it was nice for the price so I picked it up. It is superbly original with great skin.

I sent it in to NGC and they gave it an MS65.

1932Eagle.jpg

Of all the gold coins from the "golden era" of numismatics, this is my favorite. I like it significantly more than even the Saint. Wonderful that you are getting plenty of enjoyment out of it!