• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You never know what to expect when visiting family...

21 posts in this topic

I flew down to Florida last weekend to pick up a car that I had bought. My Uncle had asked me to stop by his place in Georgia so that I could evaluate his coin collection on my way home.

He ended up sending everthing home with me. :o

Here is the car I bought.

fd1900a4.jpg

cc8796e3.jpg

Here are the coins I brought home...

The Danscos are full sets all but the Walkers and the Morgans are Unc sets.

Three sets of Proof, Silver Proof, and mint sets from 2001-2008.

The Whitman and Wayte Raymond albums have partial sets of low grade coins.

IMG_3172.jpg

Plus quite a bit random stuff, The pill bottles are full of Near dates 1979 SBAs lol

about $61 face of .900 silver junk coins. 59 random common date Morgans in PVC flips... a lot of the green stuff covering these morgans. doh!

2 full sets of Silver eagles up to 2009.

IMG_3180.jpg

Some nice circulated better date Morgans.

IMG_3174.jpgIMG_3175.jpg

By far the most valuable coin in this group.

Certified by ANACS as a 1895 proof AU details cleaned.

IMG_3176.jpgIMG_3179.jpg

Wicked . Thats quite a haul . Would be nice to sit down one night and open up the boxes for a real close look :)

Have fun going through those coins! We'll see you in about 6 months.

Chris

PS. Please check the 2005 Silver Proof Sets to see if any have the KS quarter with the reverse die gouge that looks like a horse's hoof on the bison's hind quarter. I'm still curious to know if there are any others existing besides the 12 that were first reported. Thanks!

100225.jpg.3cb40c6dd35d490fbfea96d68ee45e00.jpg

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments on the car guys (thumbs u

I do have to say that it is not black as it looks in the photos, it is actually metallic green with a black pearl clear coat. This picture shows the color better.

209486a8.jpg

There are a few things that are not pictured like the small cents. There are about 5000 uncirculated Lincoln memorial cents from 59-64, roughly 8000 wheat cents, about 300 indian head cents, and 5 flying eagle cents.

Sadly I must report that I am not being given this stuff. I am just evaluating it for him, sending some in for grading, buying from him the ones I want and giving him a value estimate for the rest. I would love to buy it all but there is no way I could afford the complete set of Morgans or the proof Morgan.

I will have to post up some pictures of some of the coins in the Danscos... The Washington quarter set is mind blowing with most of the coins being MS64 or higher. The Peace dollar album is mostly MS63-64 coins. The Roosevelts are a stunning set as well.

Ray, what year did VW change to the large tail lights? I recall that the early 60's models had the small lights. Also, was that bumper painted just to match the car? I seem to recall that in some of those years it was chrome.

Chris

Chris, Those larger tail lights were first used in '73.

All bugs sold new in the U.S. had chrome bumpers but this car was originaly sold in Mexico... If you can believe it, it is a 1998 model year car.

I flew down to Florida last weekend to pick up a car that I had bought. My Uncle had asked me to stop by his place in Georgia so that I could evaluate his coin collection on my way home.

By far the most valuable coin in this group.

Certified by ANACS as a 1895 proof AU details cleaned.

IMG_3176.jpgIMG_3179.jpg

Can you read the printing on the ANACS label under the black magic marker? That was the last month I worked at ANACS, and I do not remember us using the comment "AU DETAILS-CLEANED" at that time. We might have said "AU-50 CLEANED."

TD