• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did NGC think? (results in last post)

53 posts in this topic

I recently sent in the three coins below for a star review through a dealer friend of mine. None of the coins have been sent in prior to our knowledge and we have a pretty good idea where these have been the past ten years. The Walker was ONLY re-holdered recently and sat in an older NGC holder prior.We received the results of the review on Friday.

Question- How many IF any, received the Star? 0,1,2 or all 3? Only one guess per person. To add a little intrigue we will play for an ASE....... In case of ties, I have a fair tie breaker in mind. State which coin or coin(s) you think star'd with your answer. Those who guess zero will be picked out of a hat in case of a tie.............MJ

a) 67 Gettysburg pic by Brandon Kelley

1245624024.jpg

Same Gettysburg- Pic by Mark Goodman

gettysburgcomp.jpg

b) 67 34-P Walker pic by Todd Pollack

1.jpg

c) 66 Maine pic by Mark Goodman

mainecomp.jpg

I have seen ugly coins get stars and far prettier coins not get stars. I have no clue.

But for the purposes of the contest, I will hope you got lucky and say you got stars on all three.

I like all three but believe that only c received the star.

I second this. The first two both have areas that approach black which would disqualify them from the star designation.

Wow nice coins!! That Gettysburg is just tops...oh yea there's a question here...I'll go with

2 the A and B coin.

Thanks for the contest and for showing those coins.

I like all three but believe that only c received the star.

I second this. The first two both have areas that approach black which would disqualify them from the star designation.

I'll go with C (the Maine) too.