• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP munkeyman95

51 posts in this topic

Some news simply shakes the foundations of the world, and this is such news. I had to stare blankly at the opening line for a while just to absorb what it truly said. I am deeply sorry to hear this and pray on behalf of all of his family and those who were close to him. Very, significantly sad news.

Hoot

I knew Chad from these boards and private messages. I am thoroughly shocked. This is terrible news. He was always straight up and honest with me. If there's a way I can donate money to his cause, I will.

Chad was a smart kid and I think we all enjoyed his posts and his upbeat positive attitude. Every one of us would have been honored to have a son like him.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I just noticed the guest book on Chad’s obituary page. I noticed some folks here had signed it. I just now signed it. Thought I would mention it in case anyone else wants to sign it.

I’m still shocked…

I've been thinking about this idea all night. Since Chad was such a brilliant and dedicated YN why don't we set up a fund to send a YN to summer seminar in Chads honor?

I am just now seeing this news, and it saddens me greatly. Chad and I got off to a somewhat bumpy start here on the boards, but over the years, I came to respect him for his passion towards the hobby. I knew he was young, but I wasn't aware quite how young he was. He must have been 13 when I first encountered him - I was under the impression he was closer to 16-17 and I assumed he was in college by now. What a tragedy. :(

I hope someone can contact his family at some point and let them know about this thread and the one at PCGS, so they will know how important Chad was to so many people.

I am just absolutely stunned, truly numb. I read the title and thought it a joke and then read the post, I am absolutely frazzled by this! Chad was such a good collector and part of this community, a solid young man that could always be relied upon for the utmost in integrity, a true numismatist with a passion for what all of us consider a hobby, I can't even say the words, since I just can't even believe it. I miss him already, and I know others do to. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot be satisfied with a nameless donation to a large hospital (though I am sure they do great things), if anyone is interested, I would love to help sponsor a Chad Williford scholarship to the ANA summer seminar, since I know that would mean the most to him. I would be willing to pledge the first $500, I know it's not much, but I think with all who care about him, we can pool our resources and make is something that will benefit YN's in the future. I am happy to lead this up, so if anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll try to contact the ANA. Even if it's just a couple kids over a couple years, this young man is worth the honor.

Well as the crow flys... What a shocking piece of news. I take a 2 week break and come back to this. Far too young to die. Here is one of the coins I imaged for him... R.I.P

cw1962rd.jpg

This is really sad news.

It makes me wonder about the way the cosmos works. A young man who had a bright future dies at 17 years of age. My mother is 95, has severe dementia, and has not spoken for more than a year and a half. The last thing she said to me more than 18 months ago was, “I can’t see.” We knew this was true because at her last eye exam the optometrist told us that she had old age macular degeneration and nothing could be done. She has been virtually deaf for years. Now she can’t move, wears diapers and must be hand fed with what in essence is baby food. She has had a long, productive and enjoyable life. Now death for her would be a blessing. Yet her existence, which not a life at all, seems to be totally open ended.

Another example is super large cent collector Dan Homes. He’s 71, but still has a mind that is sharp and clear and still has a lot to offer the world. Yet he is dying a Lou Gehrig’s disease.

Sometimes, things just don’t make sense. hm

I sympathize with you BillJones. My mother went the same way back in 2003. She laid in a bed with her mouth wide open staring at the ceiling for almost a year. Only could make grunting sounds. It was a blessing when she finally went. Horrible way to go. Sometimes I think Kevorkian has the right idea after all. Medical technology is keeping some of us around long after our quality of life has gone.

Then you have a case like Chad, where no amount of technology can do the job. Same with my wife. Best doctors in the country, yet they could not stop her cancer.

Life works in strange ways.

MM

This has really P11sed me off mucky was the first of the forum members who traded with the daft English man and got my danscos for me .. i will, keep his spirit strong and fill them. all the respect to his family .. he was one of the best people i have ever communicated with .. fair and just .. all the way .. remember stinky cheese the advice he gave when we did a deal .. he had the brains we had the brawn ..

missing him already

Ps bill .. my granny has the big bad "D" and thinks she is in 1941 at he moment. "when are the cattle comimg in for milking" is what she is saying at the moment .. sometimes it makes me cry as we got rid of the cattle in 1976 but i remember the love showed to the stock and i know how she feels even though its 2010.. :signofftopic:

I know a lot of folks were wondering what exactly happened to Chad. His family set up a CaringBridge website, which provides a place for donations in Chad's memory (linked to from his facebook page).

On the CaringBridge, Chad's story was related publicly, so I don't think there would be a problem with mentioning it here:

In late March 2010, Chad was admitted to the hospital with difficulty breathing. Upon evaluation doctors discovered fluid around Chad's heart. Many tests were administered and treatment began as Chad was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure.

Mid April 2010, Chad was admitted to the hospital again. He began taking on more fluid and doctors were concerned about the Congestive Heart Failure and wanted to insure that they did everything possible to keep the fluid drained from around his heart.

On the morning of April 22nd, Chad went into Cardiac Arrest. He was immediately placed in ICU.

Chad was transferred to Duke Medical Center in Durham, NC from Wake Medical Center in Raleigh, NC. where he [underwent] treatment.[/Quote]

Having had many a online banter with Chad this came a quite a shock ... He had not even got to experience life yet. This is sad news and kinda ruins my day. I will be at church today with my sons confirmation so an offering with be made in his name both in word and in 'coin' in his honour. May his parents and siblings take heart that " This IS Not All There Is " Rest in peace my friend, you rwill be missed ..

98428.jpg.f7d1f77ff994fca414acc77dc626e8bc.jpg

Very sad, I am heading to NC for my aunt's funeral tomorrow, and my uncle has the same issue, but he's 75. Still just dumbfounded at this.

these threads are so full of touched people.

i did email his mother and let her know of the forums and linked them to her.

i met him on the tradingslabs.com site and he guided me here. i had just lost my father and had coin questions which he did his best to answer EVERY question.

through him i have met and done much business with lots of yall on these boards. and i thank him for that.

This is terrible news. And what is even more heartbreaking is reading the replies on this thread by both Lou and Rey who both have passed away since. Life is a gift and should be appreciated to the fullest.