• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd eBay feedback behavior, but good I guess...

10 posts in this topic

Once in a while, someone wins a lot from us, and immediately enters positive feedback. Recently, a gentleman won a PR-70 NGC coin, and within minutes, left feedback to the effect of "coin looks great!". Any theories on why some bidders do that - comment on how great a coin looks before we've even gotten their payment, much less mailed it out?

James

I've had that happen. Also had it happen a few days later before I even mailed it. I've also gotten "Quick Payment" feedback for lots I've sold. confused.gif

I think most of it is due to the buyer thinking they are giving feedback for a different item.

Probably an accident. I once left positive feedback for a buyer that was something like "fast payment, bla bla bla... when I was the buyer. I had a couple of auctions for similar coins as a buyer and seller at the same time and just dropped the ball. It happens.

Hello All,

Yes, this is a strange phenomenon. It has happenned to me a couple of times. I find, in both cases, the person was an eBay new-bie....(Just like me on this site).

I guess they just didn't understand how the system operated. Then again, I deal with all too many 'regulars' on eBay who don't seem to understand how the system works either... 893frustrated.gif

Welcome to the boards Beav!

Any theories on why some bidders do that - comment on how great a coin looks before we've even gotten their payment, much less mailed it out?

Perhaps we could find that answer from those fine intelligent folks who like entering a coin into their registry sets before -

A. they receive the coin in the mail! 27_laughing.gif

B. they have a clue what the coin looks like! 27_laughing.gif

C. they give it a second thought about the injustice they're doing to the hobby by paying 10X to 20X what a coin is actually worth so a dealer-turned-shyster can rip-off thousands of collectors. By conning a collector into paying those fake exuberant prices paid by the registry derelects! (warning, I may have mispelled some words) 27_laughing.gif

By the way, I don't believe we're dealing with coin collectors here but rather, it's people feeding their egos' because their therapist told them to do so. 27_laughing.gif

Leo popcorn.gif

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the welcome....I'm having fun finding my way around here. I love the 'population pages'.....Haven't investigated the 'registry' yet. Just a little too easy to kill a few hours in and among these posts ! Looks like a nice place to be...I know I'll enjoy it...Thanks again !

Beav

(My apologies to James, I don't mean to hijack the thread)

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the welcome....I'm having fun finding my way around here. I love the 'population pages'.....Haven't investigated the 'registry' yet. Just a little too easy to kill a few hours in and among these posts ! Looks like a nice place to be...I know I'll enjoy it...Thanks again !

Beav

(My apologies to James, I don't mean to hijack the thread)

Beav

Take my posts with a grain of salt! But it's true! I'd pick up some crummy looking pcgs slabbed coins from my local area coin shops, put them up on ebay for some outrageous price and wham! Those blood thirsty registry people would snatch them up in a second and have the blessed things entered into their registry sets before I could congratulate them on winning the auction! 27_laughing.gif Most of these people are not coin collectors because they have other motives for buying those slabs.

But there are some great collectors in the registries, they are the ones to watch for and listen too! Enjoy your stay, don't be shy, be sure to ask questions!

Leo

How contradicting is that!

Any theories on why some bidders do that - comment on how great a coin looks before we've even gotten their payment, much less mailed it out?

Perhaps we could find that answer from those fine intelligent folks who like entering a coin into their registry sets before -

C. they give it a second thought about the injustice they're doing to the hobby by paying 10X to 20X what a coin is actually worth so a dealer-turned-shyster can rip-off thousands of collectors. By conning a collector into paying those fake exuberant prices paid by the registry derelects! (warning, I may have mispelled some words) 27_laughing.gif

By the way, I don't believe we're dealing with coin collectors here but rather, it's people feeding their egos' because their therapist told them to do so. 27_laughing.gif

Leo popcorn.gif

blush.gif

893whatthe.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Leo popcorn.gif

blush.gif

893whatthe.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif