• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS Collectors Club

22 posts in this topic

I had cancelled my Collectors Club membership in June due to comments made by Don Willis to a post of mine. I called Customer Service today to renew my account at the Silver Level. I was told that my account was blocked by PCGS upper management. The Rep asked me if I wanted to contact them for the ok to join, I told her "no thanks". Just deleted all my coins from their Registry and won't have anything to do with them in the future. :)

"NGC Rules"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fireworks3.jpg

That seems very inappropriate of PCGS. Your posts there have contributed a great deal to better understanding of coins and especially US commemoratives.

The hobby is too small for any business to discount the value of patrons.

It's truly surprising to see actions taken by a company such as PCGS that might be construed to be personal in nature. Perhaps whatever happened to lead to those actions has blown over, but it leaves a cloud over the entire process.

I don't think Homerunhall has much to do with everyday dealings with just a chat board and what goes on behind the scenes anymore, David has been spending a great amount of time with Guth launching the new pay per view "Coin Facts" I do know that Don Willis reads the US Coin Chat there and posts as well. Not only does he post "stickeys" but sporadic personal messages in various threads.

Don will even answer PM's and has given out his business phone number, so it looks like he is 100% involved as to what transpires with PCGS.

I vividly remember leeg's scolding by Don and I know it did hit home for lee. One of the problems I see is he is fresh to the board there and does not recognize the history of the contributors, only what he presently sees and reads. Nothing wrong with putting everyone on a level playing field, but you have to allow some slack for those who have posted positive for all these years and get slammed for one comment/question/request.

Lee, just think of yourself as being in a elite group there, all the way to the top!

That is unbelievable Lee. You are one of the most liked members of those boards. You contribute mightily, are not a rebel rouser and your posts are alway positive and informative. I don't know which post is in question, but with all the old timers preaching about newbies growing thick skins, maybe they are preaching to the wrong group. They just lost another important member. The list just keeps on building.

I do remember reading a thread where you were asking how to remove the Ads. If that is the reason then there are a few others that should have been banned as well. You only asked, others provided answers and those members are still there.

Not only is that very odd, it's just outright very stupid. No matter how much the head of a company dislikes you, he should still want your money. It's not like he has a set number of goods to sell and he can not sell them to you because he knows there are other buyers. PCGS is a service company with an unlimited supply of "services" to sell. :screwy:

I do remember reading a thread where you were asking how to remove the Ads. If that is the reason (thumbs u

You only asked, others provided answers and those members are still there.

That's it in a nutshell. Plenty of other nice coins to purchase with my money besides PCGS. :)

They call this place boring, but at least it's not intensely annoying! Welcome to the sane side of the street Lee (and yes, I know you've been here a while, just felt like an opportune welcoming time!).

I had cancelled my Collectors Club membership in June due to comments made by Don Willis to a post of mine. I called Customer Service today to renew my account at the Silver Level. I was told that my account was blocked by PCGS upper management. The Rep asked me if I wanted to contact them for the ok to join, I told her "no thanks". Just deleted all my coins from their Registry and won't have anything to do with them in the future. :)

"NGC Rules"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fireworks3.jpg

does not surprise me at all from my experiences as such and with many people i have talked to the last 3 years

pcgs is heavy handed and egotistic and currently rules the roost and they will take no disloyality to their control on the market you are either with them 100% or against them

What roost do they rule? Their own forum? I have never posted over there and with the material I collect, I could not care less if they no longer existed.

Don't get me wrong, I have several coins in PCGS holders and they are nice, but its a small fraction because they are essentially insiginificant in the world coin segment or at least most most of it.

Strange news.

You leave and Mark Feld rejoins (according to a thread across the street as someone registered under the name, "MarkFieldCoinguy" or something like that).

big deal you know many people that submit do it through someone else not directly yourself if you want the pcgs plastic

That's what I do...I don't submit enough coins to make it worth my while to have a paid membership. I have sent a total of 4 coins to PCGS in the past 7 years.....3 of them were through a member here recently hm

Strange news.

You leave and Mark Feld rejoins (according to a thread across the street as someone registered under the name, "MarkFieldCoinguy" or something like that).

lol lol lol

Strange news.

I don't see any thread about this ATS. I hope it and he wasn't nuked as I really wanted to ask his opinion about First Strike coins.