• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new, undipped, 1921 MS Peace $

21 posts in this topic

Just got this beauty the other day. I've been looking for a long time for a peace dollar that wasn't blast white, muted white, mushy strike, etc. It always costs a premium to get a nice one but I know this is a nice one!

89363.jpg.bab54db0478f6b7391e5d264e7700099.jpg

It's taken me several years to find one this nice that I actually liked. In case anyone was curious, it came from Mike at Whitlow.

Just got this beauty the other day. I've been looking for a long time for a peace dollar that wasn't blast white, muted white, mushy strike, etc. It always costs a premium to get a nice one but I know this is a nice one!

superlative and a way above average strike

eye appealling too

Definitely won't do the upgrade game on this. Mike @ Whitlow said it was in a PCGS 65 holder and got downgraded on review since there is a very light (but well camouflaged) hit in the hair. I'm sure if I played the game a bit I might be able to get it back up to 65 but then it'd be tombed. I'm happy with it as it is. I'm hoping that, years later, when it comes time to sell people won't be looking at the holder but looking at the coin.

Definitely won't do the upgrade game on this. Mike @ Whitlow said it was in a PCGS 65 holder and got downgraded on review since there is a very light (but well camouflaged) hit in the hair. I'm sure if I played the game a bit I might be able to get it back up to 65 but then it'd be tombed. I'm happy with it as it is. I'm hoping that, years later, when it comes time to sell people won't be looking at the holder but looking at the coin.

^^ (thumbs u