• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's what appears to be an Ebay seller with no conscience..

47 posts in this topic

Ebay item # 120426863857 - I'm sure he knows it's a replica and all of his other offerings have much better/closer-up images. I have reported this listing to Ebay twice and thus far, they have done nothing. This is the type of seller whom should be booted permanently, not just warned if/when his listing is pulled.

Mark, for those of us who do not want to put a roverdotebaydotcom cookie on our computers, could you please give us the auction number?

Mark, for those of us who do not want to put a roverdotebaydotcom cookie on our computers, could you please give us the auction number?
Here you go, Tom - I don't know how the outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed stuff works, but I will edit my original post in a moment:

Item # 120426863857

He answered your question Mark if you didn't already know.
He didn't answer MY question - I asked for larger/closer images like he has in his other listings, but he did not reply. ;)

Edited to add: I hadn't read the entire question asked within the listing and didn't realize that coincidentally, it was asked my another "Mark".

I asked for larger/closer images like he has in his other listings, but he did not reply. ;)

And why would he? He's already got the suckers lined up to bid.

This is the type of seller whom should be booted permanently, not just warned if/when his listing is pulled.

Why would eBay do that? This is the type of seller that generates several thousand a month in eBay/PayPal fees with a relatively small number of listings. This is the ideal eBay seller.

This is the type of seller whom should be booted permanently, not just warned if/when his listing is pulled.

Why would eBay do that? This is the type of seller that generates several thousand a month in eBay/PayPal fees with a relatively small number of listings. This is the ideal eBay seller.

Greg, I said "should" not "would". And you are, unfortunately, correct.

That is one of the main issues with EBAY they seem to care more about revenues then addressing all the coin scams.

Ebay item # 120426863857 - I'm sure he knows it's a replica and all of his other offerings have much better/closer-up images. I have reported this listing to Ebay twice and thus far, they have done nothing. This is the type of seller whom should be booted permanently, not just warned if/when his listing is pulled.

Mark I pretty much gave up reporting scams to EBAY.

They are understaffed and most likely the people responsible for dealing with the coin complaints don’t have a clue how to tell a fake from the real deal, or a scam from something legit. Think about it, who do you think actually fields all the complaints ?

It is probably cheap labor based outside this country, or if it is someone in the USA my bet is they are just a minimum wage person with minimal training. They need to hire people with numismatic experience otherwise it is all a waste of time.

I think somebody is going to be awful upset when they receive this one. With less than 30 minutes to go it's over $3,000. That's a bunch of cash even for a coin worth over $50,000. :baiting:

seller has 7 day return policy...of course, the coin must be in a package postmarked within five days of returning the coin, and is subject to a 5% restocking fee. So five percent in this case is at least $150. Nice business if you don't have a soul.

If I lived near Lemont, IL, it might be worth it to buy it and return it "in person"

YIPES!

That is bad, I always get nervous with these sorts of titles, I hope I never see one of my auctions in the thread!

Speaking of ebay sellers, please comment on item# 280352300413. This is from a seller who has NO sales, has been on ebay a month, has bought low price items, and now has an 85CC Morgan for auction. What do you think of the holder? I asked for scan of holder reverse, but he didn't have time. Check his other items. He's buying Sac dollars and selling a 1916 D Merc? Hmmmm.

I agree with everyone that the seller is a bad guy but buyers need to take some responsibility for buying a multi-thousand dollar raw coin on ebay that's pictured being propped up by a toilet bowl seat.

I agree with everyone that the seller is a bad guy but buyers need to take some responsibility for buying a multi-thousand dollar raw coin on ebay that's pictured being propped up by a toilet bowl seat.

Precisely !!

Speaking of ebay sellers, please comment on item# 280352300413. This is from a seller who has NO sales, has been on ebay a month, has bought low price items, and now has an 85CC Morgan for auction. What do you think of the holder? I asked for scan of holder reverse, but he didn't have time. Check his other items. He's buying Sac dollars and selling a 1916 D Merc? Hmmmm.

This guy’s auction has a major red flag – no returns. Also not showing a picture of the reverse of the slab is suspicious.

This guy’s auction has a major red flag – no returns. Also not showing a picture of the reverse of the slab is suspicious.

With PayPal a requirement, there is no such thing as a no return auction.

It seems that greed has no bounds on FeeBay, "as long as the commissions are real, the merchandise doesn't have to be". This is, IMHO, FeeBay's strategic business statement. I gave up on reporting this sleaze because FleeceBay obviously does care.

With PayPal a requirement, there is no such thing as a no return auction.

The fact the the seller lists no returns is the Reg Flag .

The thing I've always wondered - is there any legal recourse for people who buy fake coins like this unwittingly? Can the person selling these fake coins get in trouble for scamming the buyer, or do they just get to keep the $5k scotch free?

I doubt he's going to show any pics where replica or copy will show. If authentic and in that condition, a person would have to be a fool not to have it graded by either NGC or PCGS. For grading fees of around $200 and assuming it would grade at least 65 DMPL, the seller is leaving about $50,000 on the floor. On the other hand, knowing that it is a replica, he would be a fool to submit when a bigger fool will give him a $4700 profit.