• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MY ONE Purchase of the YEAR!!!! 1886 Proof Set w/pics

42 posts in this topic

Although, I love the coins, it seems like there would be more satisfaction in assembling a set myself instead of purchasing an already assembled set.

JJ

I agree JJ ... This is how I started my 1883 set ... A Basic set then look and swappd and changed until I get it to where I want it. The 61 just does not do it for me so that will be going - I like classic era Proof sets in CAMEO so I have some work to do.

The 1883 set is 100% cameo and I would hope to do the same with this. It took me a while but I got to where I wanted the set to be with that set ... :)

The key ingredient right now is "MIGHT" we are still negotiating and I will have to dispose of my Buffalo set :(

The key ingredient right now is "MIGHT" we are still negotiating and I will have to dispose of my Buffalo set :(

Your Buffalo set? :o

Boy, that's a nice BIG purchase. Very nice!! :cloud9:

Really nice coins there. Looks to me like they missed the designation on the half. It looks cameo to me, but you never know what the reverse looks like till the coins are in hand.

That is really neat, jgrinz! (thumbs u (thumbs u

I've thought about doing that with my type coins, but I've not had the patience to find the coins I liked for my set that were all the same date. I know that if I were trying to reconstruct a Proof set, I’d pass on a really nice coin because it wasn’t the right year, I’d then I’d be kicking myself for the next six months. doh!

Here you go ... Sorry for the big pictures

The toning I will decide when I get them in hand if I like it or not.

78243.jpg.278678494eca9aa5a0d871a079426d57.jpg

78244.jpg.7aa6113e36da21076bcc36d89bbb6741.jpg

Those are very very nice Mike! One thing it does enlighten someone on, after a long time collecting a type set, you can always trade it for another when your interests change. Very Nice!

Done Deal ...

I will now need to sell off my Gold Buffalo set to pay for it :(

I kind of fell out of love with them & THE US MINT when they came out with

3 One Ounce coins in ONE year... I was not happy. Off they go to Ebay land and see how they do ... How is gold doing recently going up I hope :)

( I guess this is SPAM )

Set was purchased from Reeded Edge and Robbie was very patient as we bartered back and forth - They ended up moving $1000 from their asking price

Yikes - I drive a hard bargain !

I think I will enjoy this #1 set more than the Buffalo #1 set :) - Ya think !

Thanks for looking

Mike

You mean this will only set you back one year on new purchases????? That is a nice starter set my friend :takeit:

It’s such a contrast for me because I usually collect these coins in the vf-xf range and to see so much detail…well…they almost look like entirely different coins. Very cool set :applause:

Wow, that is a really nice set. Good luck on selling your Gold Buffalo's.

They may be gone already ... Just verifying the buyer and funds

:o

I

I

I

I

V