• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My New US Gold Dollars

13 posts in this topic

I'm not usually a fan of gold or a big US coin collector in general, but these two US gold dollars just called out to me. They are common dates.

1858-gold-dollar-pcgs-ms64.jpg

1862-gold-dollar-pcgs-ms64-cac-green.jpg

The 1862 was not cooperating with my camera and I had a horrible time imaging it. In person the color is the same and it looks much more like the obverse picture than the reverse picture.

They are common dates.
Greg, I don't know the condition, but in unc. grades, I wouldn't say that the 1858 is "common". Either way, I like the look of it.

Thanks for all the kind words. Given the fact that they are both counterfeit, I personally think they look exceptional.

Greg, as I mentioned in my PM - I don't recall ever having seen counterfeits with color like that, assuming that the color is portrayed accurately.

Thanks for all the kind words. Given the fact that they are both counterfeit, I personally think they look exceptional.

The first thing I did when you posted this thread was take out a book on gold counterfeits, but I decided to go along with the post and see where you would take us.