• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal Problem - Can't Use Credit Cards?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else have this problem? When I go to pay for an auction, the funding default is set to bank account. When I click on More Funding Options, I get a "Page Not Found" error and a page that gives me the option to retry or go to the PayPal homepage.

It's been this was since Friday. So far no response from PayPal to my email about this.

I think they must be having some major problems, I got my debit card on Saturday, logged on to activate it fine, but then when I wanted to put paypal as preferred on eBay to get the 1% cashback bonus, I kept getting errors that said they could not communicate with eBay and to try again later. Still that way this morning when I tried. Very odd.

Its a glitch ... I am sure It will get resolved soon :) its cash Out of thier pockets

( Of course yours too but that is another subject all together now isn't it :( )

m

It's fixed. Turns out that my default credit card had expired and rather than give me access to the numerous other cards I have linked, it just gave me a "Page Not Found" screen. I guess I expect too much competence from companies that I'm paying money to? :shrug:

I had a problem along those same lines.I had always used my Debit card when starting with E Bay. As I got near the $2000.00 mark I kept getting E mails about linking my Bank account or getting a Pay Pal credit card.

If you are dealing with just Pay pal then you need to call one number or punch 1 or 2 on the phone menu.

I argued that my Debit card was good and would go right through and what difference did it make if I had a Pay Pal credit card.They told me that this was the policy and that over $2000.00 worth of Sales I needed to supply a Bank account or obtain the Pay Pal credit card as a backup.I t took 14 business days to link the Credit card to my account and meanwhile I couldn't use my Debit card even though the Money was in my account..It just kept returning me to the initial screen and wouldn't let me complete the transaction