• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting Coins to NGC

18 posts in this topic

As a new collector I have some presidental proof coins I wanted to submit for grading. I wanted to know if it was better to join the Collector's Society and submit my own coins, or should I take them down to a local dealer for submitting.

If you're only going to do a few, go to a dealer or submit them thru the eBay/NGC link on the eBay coins page.

Hey Greg, where is this link located on Ebay. I have looked for it before but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

The only thing with this is you can't track the status of your order so you just have to sit and wait for them to come back. I assume they worked out some deal with EBAY, grading fees are the same.

Well with regular NGC membership, they offer the 10% discount also if you use the on-line submission form. Where did you get the $100 from there physics??

I'm thinking, have been say this for a 1 1/2yrs now, but joining the collectors membership. At least that gives 5 free submissions for $99. That sounds more like the deal to me.

IMO the 99$ is well worth the time. You get a free goodie + you get 5 free gradings earlybird. So you get the moneys worth from the gradings :) But as stated if you only have 1955+ and a few coins just have some1 send for you. but if you are planing on getting into the older coins 99$ is all good :)

also i think the money is worth knowing that i am sending directly to ngc and not depending on a midle man to send and recieve my goods :)

The $99 is not a good deal for 5 free submissions if you are only sending in modern coins.

Does the Ebay submission not charge anything but grading fees?? I can't see this being a way around the NGC member fees. Anyone know??

Wow.. I didn't know about the ebay / ngc link. Thanks for posting that.

It does seem like all you need to be is a ebay member.

Although I agree with the above comments, if you are planning on submitting a decent number of coins, the NGC membership will come in handy. For starters, you are guaranteed that it's going directly to NGC and also can track your order status. Sometimes for new collectors/submitters (like me :) ) that helps a lot, as normal grading can take 12-15 days.

Secondly, with the $99 membership and 5 free submissions, your membership is now approx $40.

I recently started submitted (only gone through one) coins to NGC and it seems like a good choice to get the membership. I plan to get 5-10 Silver Eagle (W) coins from the US mint and then send them to NGC. That way a) I have a few 69/70 to sell later and more importantly b) I don't overpay on ebay or other sites to buy the 69/70 for my collection. Plus it's fun and exciting to wait for your grades and see them in the end :)

I'd say the $40 is worth it if you plan to submit atleast 20 coins during the year.... That way you also have the ability to send any coin you like (I think ebay one only allows modern coins)

I didn't join the Collectors' Society for the 5 free submissions.

I didn't join the Collector's Society for the freebies either.

I joined so I could get an invitation to the NGC Luncheon at the FUN Show because Dena is there! :devil:

Chris :foryou:

I joined so I could get an invitation to the NGC Luncheon at the FUN Show because Dena is there! :devil:

Now there is an Honest Man.36_11_6.gif

Where the hell is my invitation?????????? 4_11_10.gif

Any ANA member can directly submit also. If you are a serious certified submitter & collector the $99 is so worth it! The census reports with the numismedia values count for something also. I totally need that online tracking of my submissions. 2 weeks is hard enough to wait as it is for the modern tiers.