• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA Results

14 posts in this topic

PRESIDENT Barry Stuppler

VICE-PRESIDENT Patricia Jaegar-Finner

GOVERNORS with number of votes

Joseph E. Boling - Indiana - 3442

Chester L. Krause - Wisconsin - 4518

Clifford Mishler - Wisconsin -4609

Walter A. Ostromecki - California - 2882

Edward C. Rochette - Colorado - 3541

Radford Stearns - Georgia - 3073

Wendell A. Wolka - Indiana - 2850

I like the results, but am disappointed that only 24.0% of the ballots were returned and, after improperly filled out ballots were disqualified, only 21.4% of the ballots sent were voted.

I like the results, but am disappointed that only 24.0% of the ballots were returned and, after improperly filled out ballots were disqualified, only 21.4% of the ballots sent were voted.

I suspected a lot of people would get tripped up by not putting their member numbers on the ballots. Looks like about 6.5% of ballots were rejected for that reason alone.

I suspected a lot of people would get tripped up by not putting their member numbers on the ballots. Looks like about 6.5% of ballots were rejected for that reason alone.

I nearly forgot to put my member number on the ballot. There is no reason why the ANA couldn't provide ballots with member information already on them so that 6% of them don't get rejected. A giant waste of time and money on the part of the ANA.

I also find it ridiculous that they disqualified ballots for being returned in an envelope other than the one provided or that the ballot was a photocopy. It is easy for them to confirm that these were legitimate member votes. And I can't say that I recall seeing it stated anywhere that other envelopes or photocopies of the ballot were not accepted.

They didn't count votes from 'alternative envelopes'??? That irks me...I even called the ANA and got the mailing address for the ballot and the twit on the phone didn't mention the part about disqualifying my ballot when she gave me the envelope.

Maybe there's a class action lawsuit there and we can all get back 50 cents (41 for the postage and 9 for the envelope--I had to buy one from the post office).

OTH I voted mostly for those listed so I really don't mind I suppose.

Maybe there's a class action lawsuit there and we can all get back 50 cents (41 for the postage and 9 for the envelope--I had to buy one from the post office).

Even if the class contained 10,000 plaintiffs -- which it doesn't -- the damages would be $5,000 in this case, which wouldn't even pay the lawyers in full.

It is certainly sad that with all the complaints that I have read about the ANA being sold out, no spine, money grubbing, etc. and then have such a poor turnout to vote in new management. Less than 1/4. Maybe the management feels no one really cares how the organization is ran after all. I feel to correct the majority of problems with the hobby, it must be started here. IMHO.

I was one of the minority that voted, and most of who I voted for were elected (though I also voted for Mr. Doran, and he was not elected).

jtryka, I know that I didn't win, but as I said in my previous post, the regime is out and the pro-reformers are coming in. Hopefully the antics and high jinks of the outgoing regime will cease. I thank you for your vote, and God Bless.