• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Legends realize its dream to be a WANNABE coin grading service ?

61 posts in this topic

I guess the addage of "If you can't beat them, join them" applies here ! I, like many others, will watch the Train Wreck from afar. When will NGC,PCGS other TPG services conduct the burial services ?

If you're gonna go out of your way to be a bozo and criticize an upstanding company - at least get the name right.

It's Legend Numismatics. Kindly make a note of it.

To nut--why so sensitive ? I was merely posing a question. If, in your own mind, you considered it a criticism---so be it ! Get used to it. I guess, it's ok for Legends to criticize the big boys (NGC & PCGS) with their selective distain for their graders. But, I hear you crying--don't criticize us ! Toughen up and get real !

I have no opinion on the subject of this post but will firmly state that I agree with tradedollarnut that your post was in criticism, carson city, and to not realize or admit that does not speak well for your character, nor does the tone of your response as a whole.

-Broc

To nut--why so sensitive ?

I believe TDN is a partner or part owner in Legend. Not sure which but he does have a financial interest in Legend which is an ethical and upstanding company. I always try to stay on their good side in case I win the lotery.

To nut--why so sensitive ? I

He has a large financial interest in Legend Numismatics.

One need not have a financial interest in Legend to feel that this thread was initiated as an obvious cheap shot and one that was off base, at that.

That's part of the problem. It seems that there are many people (Dealers) that have a financial interest in attempting to embarrass NGC & PCGS via CAC. I for one, have no financial interest in this debacle--not so sure about you !

There are many people that will say whatever they are Paid to say--Scooter Libby

There are many people that will say whatever they are Paid to say--Scooter Libby

...and there are people who continue speaking long after they run out of worthy things to say.

There is ANOTHER coin forum that would just love this thread. Why don't you delete this thread here where coin collectors like to talk coins and bring this thread over there where many members have no clue there is a difference between a Morgan dollar and an American silver eagle. This thread - in the correct forum - might be the high point of the night for many members. I'd go for it if I was you.

It Ain't Truth if it Doesn't Hurt----Roscoe G. Parker

That's not necessarily true at all. And to say something hurtful does not imply truthfulness. No pun is intended here. What did Legend do to you for you to post this? Probably nothing. I think that Laura brings up a real issue in what she's saying on her site, don't fault her for that.

I guess the addage of "If you can't beat them, join them" applies here ! I, like many others, will watch the Train Wreck from afar. When will NGC,PCGS other TPG services conduct the burial services ?

Where's the truth in this post? I see nothing but mean-spirited opinion and a question.

I'm not saying that Legend, TDN, or anyone is beyond reproach, but please don't portray opinion as truth, because that's not being truthful yourself...Mike

Way to go Carson City - its about time someone told them where to go.

You hit the nail on the head with your opening statement. "Wannabe grading service" - I love it, certainly an appropriate name.

Some interesting comments here about the capital structure of Legend. So it is owned by more than one person then?

But, I hear you crying--don't criticize us ! Toughen up and get real !

Criticize all you want - based on the little I've seen of your posts, nobody will take you seriously anyway. But do get the name right so we get the free advertising.

Legend Numismatics - make a note of it.

People get like this when they fear the unknown. You're (cc) obviously intimidated by a company as large and prosperous as Legend, and you probably never dealt with them at any level.

What pisses me off especially, is the mud slinging at an entity you probably have no familiarity with at all. Such is the nature of prejudice, no matter what facet of life it expresses itself in. This post is a good example.

edited for spelling

I have never sent in a coin to be graded by any TPG. Since I've re-started my hobby, I have read and heard of the top TPG's in today's market. I stand behind PCGS & NGC as most do and I have respect for ANACS and PCI. I judge a TPG by the quality of a coin that pertains to it's issued grade. I have seen many slabs that have poor coins with high grades. These are the type of so-called TPG's that I have no respect for. So what if "Legend Numismatics" is entering the field of a TPG. Like all others, they will be judged by thier quality, professionalism, and ability to grade coins. I can only presume that this was how today's top TPG's gained thier reputation. I don't condemn free enterprise to anyone that has the ambition and motivation to attempt it. The business will either build thier reputation or break it. I'm not understanding all this sarcasm and insults to each other on this topic.

I have never sent in a coin to be graded by any TPG. Since I've re-started my hobby, I have read and heard of the top TPG's in today's market. I stand behind PCGS & NGC as most do and I have respect for ANACS and PCI. I judge a TPG by the quality of a coin that pertains to it's issued grade. I have seen many slabs that have poor coins with high grades. These are the type of so-called TPG's that I have no respect for. So what if "Legend Numismatics" is entering the field of a TPG. Like all others, they will be judged by thier quality, professionalism, and ability to grade coins. I can only presume that this was how today's top TPG's gained thier reputation. I don't condemn free enterprise to anyone that has the ambition and motivation to attempt it. The business will either build thier reputation or break it. I'm not understanding all this sarcasm and insults to each other on this topic.

Nice, thoughtful post Bobby (thumbs u

Sorry carson city but I feel you missed this one a bit.

Some great folks that are in the know, took the time to post to this thread and add some light and wisdom to this. It's worth going back and reading again. :)

One need not have a financial interest in Legend to feel that this thread was initiated as an obvious cheap shot and one that was off base, at that

Yer right, Mark. But ya gotta remember that TDN season started last week an everbuddy's gotta fill their tags.

;)

I don't believe anyone is against free enterprise, or another Grading Service. What most people object to is trying to build your company(CAC) at the expense of sabotaging NGC & PCGS by ridiculing, second-guessing and demeaning the full-time professional coin graders at these and other TPG services. If CAC wants to start another TPG service--it's a free marketplace. Going into business with a business model that relies on sabotaging well respected companies is a prescription for failure !

Do you have a link to these accusations CC. Just for curiosity, I'd like to read about it. As I stated earlier, I don't slab coins and am really not familiar with most other companies in the business. thanks!

I don't believe anyone is against free enterprise, or another Grading Service. What most people object to is trying to build your company(CAC) at the expense of sabotaging NGC & PCGS by ridiculing, second-guessing and demeaning the full-time professional coin graders at these and other TPG services. If CAC wants to start another TPG service--it's a free marketplace. Going into business with a business model that relies on sabotaging well respected companies is a prescription for failure !

With all due respect, they brought it upon themselves. You have absolutely NO clue whatsoever what the grading companies have been up to that demands the CAC be formed. Just the fact that it IS being formed has already had positive effects for the hobby.

I've seen AT gobrechts in PCGS holders. Puttied gold in PCGS holders. AT Peace dollars in NGC holders. Overgraded, conserved in NGC holders. Go look at auction lot viewing sometime - if you can keep your lunch down, that is...

I'll bet the same argument was made by coin dealers when the TPGs were forming, too.

Read all the threads relating to CAC. They are not accusations only observations of how CAC is attempting, by a few disgruntled dealers, to disrupt the TPG services by piggy-backing on the professional expertise of the NGC & PCGS graders at the expense of the coin collecting public.

I think you're being paranoid and beginning to sound more and more like a PCGS plant, most evidenced by your attitude. Dead giveaway. Sad, but true.