• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of the Morgan??

12 posts in this topic

Overall, I find it attractive, but my eyes are drawn to the scratch on the cheek, and if it is as obvious in hand, probably always would be, so I would therefore pass on this one...Mike

I agree with Mike on the mark on the cheek. Also what are the two dark spots one on each the obverse and reverse.

Gradewise, perhaps an MSDPL 63??? Up to $100.00 per Numismedia and CoinValues.

Rey

The Morgan was a great little car but the MG gave it a run for the money...

Seriously though...I agree that the cheek is a bit detracting but shouldn't prevent it from 63 ...maybe 64?????

That's kind of what I was thinking 63. There's quite a jump from price at MS64. I was thinking if the pic is making the scratch more visible than it really is? Don't know about the dark spots rey. Sellers pics.

I think it is an attractive Morgan, Bobby. If the price is right I would get it. The scratch on the cheek appears pretty superficial to me and would not be an obstacle to my owning this coin. Good luck.

I can't add anymore, but from the appearance of the image, I definitely think it is at least PL. I'm not sure about DMPL. Hopefully the line is on the holder. Possible 64, more than likely 63.

I'm by no means an expert at grading these, but I'd have to agree with most everyone here, the first thing that caught my eye were the dark spots, kind of distracting!

The cheek kills it for me also. :sorry:

I recently sold a GSA CC that had a similar mark because it bothered me every time I looked at it.

To me, the mirrors just don't look all that deep. I am not an expert here, but that is my opinion. Looks like the picture might be taken at just the right angle to maximize apparent contrast. You would probably get PL, but not DMPL. Plus the scratch and marks, I would pass on this one.

I know that DMPL's have a tendency of showing contact marks more pronounced than standard dollars. Based solely on the picture, with out seeing the coin in hand, the overall fuzziness of the fields seem to indicated either an overdipped or very lightly circulated coin. Of course this could be an artifact of the photography technique, milky toning or some other thing. With out knowing what the coin looks like in hand I would pass on this one, unless the prices was very right of course.

-Broc