• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Acquistions (Lots of pictures)

31 posts in this topic

Now that's some cash!!! I absolutely love the PCGS 42S Jeff. It looks like a molten image in mercury. Great cache of coins.

I'd like to see some better pictures of those Proofs. That Half Dime looks quite dark but perhaps it has great mirrors and great color. I'd be curious to see why the quarter is in a "2" holder, too.

Quite a nice assortment of coins there Dwaine and what a group for a group of new acquisitions. Just out of curiosity, are they for your personal collection?

Rey

Yes, the two Gold pieces are to complete my 7070 gold page, the two 1870 proof's are for a new type set - birthyear + 100 years, rest are for other collections I have going. I may be parting with one or two of the 42-S nickels.

Very nice coins there Dwaine! I was gonna pick which one I liked best but gave up. I love the jeffersons, the gold dollar, the prooofs, etc....... (thumbs u

Someone's been VERY busy! :busy: <--- look new gremlin!

They are all very nice, but the Indian Eagle, Half Dime, and Large Cent are my favorites. (worship)

Thanks for sharing...Mike

Thanks all for the kind words. As soon as I get them all I will take better pictures with more close up's.

I've always found the 1878 8TF with the extra little wing feathers to be very appealing. I'm building my own little hoard of them. Check the date to see if there is doubling on the 878 particularly on the top-left of the 7. Also check the stars, both left and right of the date. In some cases, the first two or three stars on both sides could be doubled or tripled.

Chris

Exceptional pickups. Mike took the words right out of my mouth, someone's been awful busy. I love your Jefferson's and your proofs.

Yes, the two Gold pieces are to complete my 7070 gold page, the two 1870 proof's are for a new type set - birthyear + 100 years, rest are for other collections I have going. I may be parting with one or two of the 42-S nickels.

Dwaine, I must say, you have definitely added some beautiful coins to your collection. This is a very nice assortment. If you ever decide to part with anything other than the Jeffersons, let me know.

Rey

Now, thats what I call a nice days work. Very nice collection that I would be proud to claim as my own. Congratulations :)

I haven't received them all yet, they were recent auction wins. Hopefully they will arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Just got notification that one of the shipments has left. The 1870 H10C and 1900-S Morgan are on their way. :banana:

Should get them on Thursday when I get back from my business trip to Milwaukee. Hopefully the remainder will ship this afternoon or tomorrow. Pictures will be coming soon and then it will be time to get :busy:

:grin:

I can't see any evidence of doubling or tripling on the date or stars. There is some toning in that area that might be covering it up. Do you have an example of what this might look like?

Most of pictures are coming out blurry or not even looking like the coin.

I can't see any evidence of doubling or tripling on the date or stars. There is some toning in that area that might be covering it up. Do you have an example of what this might look like?

Most of pictures are coming out blurry or not even looking like the coin.

Here they are:

Note the extra, little feathers at the base of the wings in Photo #1. These are found on the "A Reverse", and I use these as a marker to check for obverse doubling. Photo #2 shows the RPD on the "8". Photo #3 shows the notch on the "7", and Photos #4 & #5 show the first and second stars on the right, respectively.

(Let's see if it works this time!)

41539-1878-PExtraFeathers.jpg.5f21b6826600e8b51705744a555776e0.jpg

41546-18788TFNotched7.jpg.01dd956006cb48241a7e166745c8d2bd.jpg

41547-18788TFRPD.jpg.81d159f971fe8ad5f40678dc536b58d5.jpg

589a92fc63c93_41548-18788TFTripledStar1Right.jpg.b6084d2bd56e9fe0d0fa0f2728d3bc8e.jpg

589a92fc66855_41549-18788TFTripledStar2Right.jpg.eb9e80bcaac7ade65c12012e4a630b54.jpg