• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGS UK Leaflet

19 posts in this topic

I totaly missed that bsshog .. MS coins only ?? Ps my new computer has speekers now and i have downloaded some of your songs very pleasent indeed do you do a CD as my mam is well into Country !!!

I thought you Brits really didn't care for certified coins?

You have got to be joking there Jeff. Dooly is a Slab Junkie. lol

He is just one Brit, so hardly a representative sample, despite our love and admiration...every other collector I've talked with from the UK abhors slabs and can't understand why we are constantly overgrading our coins (by this I mean they have like four grades there, good, fine, very fine and unc. and our XF might only rate their fine).

He is just one Brit, so hardly a representative sample, despite our love and admiration...every other collector I've talked with from the UK abhors slabs and can't understand why we are constantly overgrading our coins (by this I mean they have like four grades there, good, fine, very fine and unc. and our XF might only rate their fine).

Do you know why Uk collectors hate slabs ?

its because they call the coins VF when they are selling them and F when they are buying them.. and they are scaird of having to pay the "real" value of a coin.. to say all UK dealers are unscrupules is a genralisation about 90% of the ones i have dealt with want the full wack for the coins and your gold teeth as well lol

Just look at the philip and mary i have posted on the world coin bit took it to a dealer in newcastle and he said it was in F (fine) condition £90 when its in EF (extremley fine) condition for this type £300.. by the way he offered £50.. so if it was graded we would all know its real value and he could not make such a large profit..

you should also see some of the grade discriptions you see in UK auction cattologs things like about extremley fine/almost extremley fine/near extremely fine F to VF ect.. Why cannot they catch up and call it EF-40 and cut out all the BS..