• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Battle Creeks from SkyMan Collection

13 posts in this topic

Bruce posted a couple yesterday and here is a couple more that Sy allowed me to image. I had a little trouble getting the colors right and the glare down so I cracked them out of the slabs. I hope he doesn't mind. grin.gif

First is an 1887 obverse toner and then an 1887 reverse toner

1887obv930-2.jpg1887rev943-2.jpg

This is a reverse toner although the obverse is also beautifully toned

1887obv911-2.jpg1887rev912-2.jpg

Lovely images Bob!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you very much!!! I find it quite fascinating with your images to see how the light moving around changes the toning one sees. I particularly like your image of the reverse toner.

Very nice pics there Bob. thumbsup2.gif And of course, nice coins there Sky!! thumbsup2.gif

Great images Bob and I know what you mean easier to capture the images when those old slabs are cracked open and not in the way. 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gifhi.gif

Very nice pics there Bob. thumbsup2.gif And of course, nice coins there Sky!! thumbsup2.gif

Great images Bob and I know what you mean easier to capture the images when those old slabs are cracked open and not in the way. 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gifhi.gif

I'm finding the tough part is trying to shove them back in without scratching them to much. I'd hate to have Sy see this. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm finding the tough part is trying to shove them back in without scratching them to much. I'd hate to have Sy see this. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ah go ahead, he's probably not looking anyway. I sometimes use a ball ping hammer when i slip them back in.1886630-3_8_14.gif1886630-36_11_6.gif

1886630-36_11_6.gif.20c9447e383320ed55b30758a956b684.gif

Very nice images BOB! You blew me away by miles!

Now who's selling themselves short? Your images are fantastic. We both had great models to work with.