• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New here . . .

41 posts in this topic

That label style is nothing special, the one in the Photo Proof example just happened to be in a holder from the same era. Looks like a NGC 9, according to Conder101:

"In Sept 2001 they widened the bottom border of the label and added the company name there. This variety continued until July 1st 2003."

Welcome to the forum Hardy. I only wish they would have had this forum when I started collecting. It would have eliminated a lot of my mistakes. Good move on your part. thumbsup2.gif

Welcome aboard! You'll find many good, knowledgeable folks here. Anytime you're not sure about something, come here and ask. Also, I would suggest that you buy books that specialize in the areas that you are interested in. If you're not sure which books are the best ones, ask here. The more you know, the better off you'll be. Knowledge is crucial. grin.gif

Not so fast---Early Release, First Strike, First Day of Issue etc. do indeed add value to the holdered coin, but only for those collectors that seek them out and desire them. Not for everyone but clearly very desired by many, many collectors.

Don't buck the trend, the trend is your friend-----Jim Cramer

Truly, cc has a valid point here in that even though many of us don't value these designations, largely because we know what they actually mean and do not mean, it doesn't mean that the hobby at large doesn't value these designations. In fact, ebay prices, at least at one point, seemed to support that there was acceptance within at least a portion of the hobby for these designations and that support would pay a higher price level to obtain the designation.