• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan 1900-O/CC......Grade opinions welcome!

20 posts in this topic

This is already graded but have thought about a resubmit because of the eye appeal. What are your thoughts?

1900OCCObv.jpg1900OCCRev.jpg

1900OCCMM.jpg

Brian, there are at least 10 varieties of the O/CC. Which one do you have? In any case, the jump in value from 63 to 64 and 64 to 65 is substantial enough to justify the resubmission. I think it is probably graded 64 and it could make 65. The VAM 7 and VAM 7A are worth about $5,000 @ MS64. Pretty Morgan! thumbsup2.gif

Chris

The higher the jump in value between grades the closer NGC looks at the coin. I don't think your MS64 will jump to MS65. There are just to many marks on Miss Liberty's cheek, in my opinion.

This is a beautiful coin. It seems borderline MS-65, but the cumulative effects of a flat strike, bagmarks on the far right obverse, and a few luster grazes on the cheek might knock it down a point.

Nice die clash!

The coin is graded PCGS MS64......VAM 10A. Thanks for everyones opinion. I think it is a 64 and my camera definately exaggerates the marks.

The coin is graded PCGS MS64......VAM 10A. Thanks for everyones opinion. I think it is a 64 and my camera definately exaggerates the marks.

VAM 10A is worth about $3500 in MS65.

Chris