• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a way to stop him?

12 posts in this topic

I would imagine that most of the older coinage offered in these auctions was harshly cleaned prior to purchase by this seller. It is very economical to buy culls rather than problem-free coinage if one is going to manipulate the surfaces even further. Truly, I doubt many folks would have wanted these pieces in their collections prior to the addition of color.

Ideas?

godzillaAT.jpg

There is only one way to stop these MONSTER TONED aberations.

Que...

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~~

mothra19616.jpg

That's one way to cover problems coins. Of course, I ain't surprised there's a market out there for these. I would presume mostly novice collectors buying "Pretty" coins.

Seems like about half his auctions don't meet the reserve and those that do are sold for very little over the average selling price for a non-AT coin. I suspect his business model will prevent him from ATing many coins in the near future.

I dont see him getting rich on this either, nor do I really see anyone being "taken".

Is this any different than the colorized state quarters? Those POS's sell for alot more money.