• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They're out there---1828 Peace Dollar can be.....

25 posts in this topic

It looks like the current winner is probably just trying to get if for silver value. Rather convenient that it's offered out of Hong Kong.

Registered in Hong Kong, selling Morgan Dollars and Trade Dollars who bought one CZ from someone in Hong Kong, who is also selling a " Very Nice 1851 Indian Head 1 dollar ."

Some of the Morgans this bozo is selling appear to have been pulled. 893applaud-thumb.gif

What a schmuck!!

Scott hi.gif

yours , if you are the high bidder. But probably more than one of these available !Check eBay # 170124867550. Where are the eBay Police ?

Ebay POLICE1861358-scrnsvr_thumb_dvd2.gif1861358-36_11_6.gif

link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=170124542909

You have to love this guy....This is a quote from his Ebay Me page...." I have acquired a large estate coin collection that is assembled by a league local collector for more than half a world. . 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif "....The picture is showing an example of the super rare 1816 Walking Liberty Half Dollar, priceless. hm

What about all of those 1di0ts who bid on his stuff??? tonofbricks.gif

"A fool and his money are lucky to find each other in the first place!"

-- Gordon Gekko

Scott hi.gif

How could I have missed the famous 1828 Peace dollar – modeled by Maria Teresa Cafarelli de Francisci's great, great, great, grandmother??!!

It is evident from this seller’s listings that there are a great many pattern and experimental coins that neither Adams/Woodin, Judd, nor Pollock knew existed. The seller should quickly collect all available information on these patterns and publish the story in major hobby publications. He should also be featured center-stage at the ANA convention. I will volunteer to bring the kindling and matches, if someone else will bring the rope and a sturdy post. (All this to protect him from excited collectors and media.)

My goodness, this could be a real find, look at the "8", is it doubled-I believe so. This is probably a century find! A century off anyway.