• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birth Year Coin Set, what year were you born?

42 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

I thought posting a birthyear set thread would be fun! acclaim.gif

The 1951 Coin Birthdate set in this post is my third one completed. My first one was put together from circulation 48 years ago, still have that set! cloud9.gif

In my twenties I revisited this set and bought coins in EF-AU.

This third set took a couple of years because I only added slabbed coins to it in MS 63-MS 65, PF 66 or better condition when I couldn't fine a coin I was looking for at a Coin Show or online auction, which was not very often! insane.gif

Ok, People how about a picture of your Birth year Coin Set, any condition will be great! Happy Birthyear to us all! thumbsup2.gif

AAJ

1951cbset.jpg

Nice set! Unfortunately some like me were born in rather boring years numismatically, like 1969. I have both a proof and mint set from my birthyear (no photos) that I bought for less than $15 combined! Not very exciting I'm afraid, though at least I still get excited when I find a half dollar in circulation from my birthyear!

Hi, people hi.gif

So some of us are older than others, just post your Birth year set, any year was a great year! thumbsup2.gif

from jtryka:

Nice set! Unfortunately some like me were born in rather boring years numismatically, like 1969. I have both a proof and mint set from my birthyear (no photos) that I bought for less than $15 combined! Not very exciting I'm afraid, though at least I still get excited when I find a half dollar in circulation from my birthyear!

from zrlevin:

Jeff if you think that yours is boring, 2 of 7 coins I received in change today were from my birthyear.

Let us all see those Birth Year sets?

AAJ

Ok, since you asked for it, these are all the examples from my birthyear of 1969 that I have in my main albums:

19691c.JPG

19695c.JPG

196910c.JPG

196925c.JPG

1969d50c.JPG

1969s50c.JPG

I have coins in albums that cover my year (1986) for pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters (I'll have to get some Kennedys soon I guess) but for the most part I've taken a different approach to a birth set. They started making the American Eagles on the same year I was born, so I've just started working on building a set of SAE's and the complete set will (obviously) have 1 coin for every year I've been alive. 7 coins down... about 18 to go (including 2000 MilSet, 2006 W, and 2007 W).

The neat thing about all you youngin's born 1982 and later is that you may also have eagles and commems in your birthyear sets!

The neat thing about all you youngin's born 1982 and later is that you may also have eagles and commems in your birthyear sets!

1982 and later has the commems, you have to be 1986 and younger to have both.

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

Hey, now we are posting Birth year sets! thumbsup2.gif

TCB and dooly: Really nice high grade proof Birth year birth sets you both got there for us to view! cloud9.gif

jtryka: Thanks for making you Birth year set from your coin albums, cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

AAJ grin.gif

Here's the proof set...

1958fr67dcam2obv.jpg1958fr67dcam2rev.jpg

sh1958wqp1.jpg

sh1958rd.jpg

sh1958jn1.jpg

Lincoln58N67UcamObv.jpgLincoln58N67UcamRev.jpg

and here's the mint set...

Franklin58P65FBL.jpg

Franklin58DP66fbl_450.jpg

sh1958wq-1.jpg

Washington58DObv_P67Sm.jpgWashington58DRev_P67Sm.jpg

Roosevelt1958Dn67FT-1.jpg

I still have to find the '58-P Roosie, both Nickels, and both Wheaties for the mint set.

all those proofs are very nice. I have over 60 proof sets and I do not have any on the year that I was born it was such a bad year 1965 the year they stopped making 90% proof coins.

I still have the birth year proof set my parents got me when I was a young coin collector, 1963. It's my basic benchmark what a proof coin should look like. Love that rich red colour on the penny.

I was expecting to see some lame coins in this thread but really there is a lot of very cool stuff. Sy, I love your coins but are you glorifying your birthyear a little blush.gif? Lee, I love your coins as well 893applaud-thumb.gif. Rey, nice clean set there thumbsup2.gif. Russ, those coin are so new that I have never seen a few of them 27_laughing.gif. Dooly a litte out of focus there but perhaps not out of character 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif? Funny one Tom 27_laughing.gif. I hope to look so good at 318 years old.

Mine is 1974 and I could probably put together a set if I went through my “beer money” change bin. I do have a 1974 brown box Ike that I bought some time ago and just lost interest in it and it wasn’t worth selling so it just sits in my sock drawer – pretty boring yeahok.gif.

I was expecting to see some lame coins in this thread but really there is a lot of very cool stuff. Sy, I love your coins but are you glorifying your birthyear a little blush.gif? Lee, I love your coins as well 893applaud-thumb.gif. Rey, nice clean set there thumbsup2.gif. Russ, those coin are so new that I have never seen a few of them 27_laughing.gif. Dooly a litte out of focus there but perhaps not out of character 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif? Funny one Tom 27_laughing.gif. I hope to look so good at 318 years old.

Mine is 1974 and I could probably put together a set if I went through my “beer money” change bin. I do have a 1974 brown box Ike that I bought some time ago and just lost interest in it and it wasn’t worth selling so it just sits in my sock drawer – pretty boring yeahok.gif.

So you want a lame coin I got one from my birthyear1861907-Picture038.jpgthis is the lame duck version. 27_laughing.gif

1861907-scrnsvr_thumb_daffy2.gif

1861907-scrnsvr_thumb_daffy2.gif.193b612c962fa17fa85d3a889d313387.gif