• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some second tier cameos.

12 posts in this topic

It's kinda' warm in my office right now, so here's something frosty. Here are some second tier cameos from my collection (they're nice, they're just not top of the line examples for their dates). The 1955 is an NGC PR67CAMEO and the 1969 is a PCGS PR68 (a pre-designation holder). The junk on the reverse of the '69 is on the holder, as are the scratches on the obverse. By todays standards the coin's obverse is a no question DCAM, the reverse is borderline for DCAMing, and technically the coin has about a 1 in 3 chance of a PR69. Both coins were imaged by Bruce Lee and I think he did an excellent job.

Franklin55N67Cameo.jpg

sh1969kh.jpg

The 69's are so much fun. Some are VERY frosty. According to Rick Tomaska, as the dies wore, mint workers would repickle the dies with q-tips and acid. That's evident on some of the halves. They have splotchy extremely heavy contrast. 69's run the full range from white like 81's to shiners. Just for fun, here's a nice Jeff.

69Jeff-1.jpg

69Jeff-2.jpg

69Jeff-3.jpg

Wow!! With a population of 1, I'd say you've got quite a jewel there, Don. That's is more than fun. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow a double 69 with a Star great coin. cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif And so is that one below Ty 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

That calls for a WOW, WOW!! Very nice Jefferson and Kennedy gentlemen!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif I love that thick frost.

EDITED TO ADD: And why am I not surprised to note that they were using Acid in 1969... grin.gif