• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty 1905 Japanese 10 Sen - End Roll Toned & Prooflike

13 posts in this topic

These came from an original roll I purchased. Most of the other coins were basically white, but the end roll ones were toned wonderfully. And hidden in the middle of the roll was a full prooflike example. Very strong mirrors and a cameo appearance.

1522062-048.jpg

1522062-049.jpg

1522062-036.jpg

I like that pl example very much thumbsup2.gif

It's amazing you could pick up original roll of 10 sen in U.S.

The PL example is my favorite out of the entire roll. I'm planning on keeping it even though I don't collect Japanese. The entire roll was superb with about half grading MS66 and the other half MS67. A couple graded MS64-65 & MS68. Clearly an original roll.

I was very surprised to find it. I've seen rolls of the later design 10 Sens from the 1910's, but never a "Dragon roll".

Personally, I'm glad you found it grin.gif.

Me too. Are we going to slug it out in the eventual eBay auction? headbang.gif

Don't worry, I'll make it a private auction so I can shill both of you up^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hyou both can bid without feeling bad about outbidding each other.

Can I assist in the shilling?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When I purchased the roll you actually mentioned wanting one of the "lesser grade" coins. Still interested? I think the lowest grade I still have is an MS65 (toned) being listed this Sunday on eBay and a bunch of MS66.

Can I assist in the shilling?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When I purchased the roll you actually mentioned wanting one of the "lesser grade" coins. Still interested? I think the lowest grade I still have is an MS65 (toned) being listed this Sunday on eBay and a bunch of MS66.

Yes, I think I can stand one the "crappy" MS65s. insane.gif