• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new goodies!

20 posts in this topic

good day all!

i have just baught 2 coins and thaught id show them off and see what ppl had to say bout them. please feel free to cretique the coins and grade.i dont usualy buy raw but got a gr8 deal on these.

1912INDIANGOLDOBV.jpg

1912INDIANGOLDREV.jpg

1928SSLQOBV.jpg

1928SSLQREV.jpg

gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

Ant,

Nice coins. With the images I can not determine too much wear on the Gold, therefore I would offer a grade of low 60's, MS -60-62 perhaps. On the SLQ I would say VF-20.

Both nice coins however, particularly the Indian.

Rey

from the photo the indian quarter eagle appears to be unc. and also has great eye appeal thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

i do not know anything about standers

thanks all. i was thinking ms62 when i baught it. but anywhere btween au50-ms62 is fine with me on the gold smile.gif

i recently got my good scanner working on vista! i had started this post with a pic that was fuzzy gold coin. now i think this pic will do the coin some justice! i still think its a ms coin smile.gif what do u all think now?

goldobv.jpg

goldrev.jpg

I can't match up your 1912 quarter eagle to a known counterfeit die, but I have the feeling it might not be real because of the depressions that appear on the obverse and reverse.

Why not send it into PCGS, NGC, or ANACS for authentication?

I bought my $5 indian raw at a reputable shop (one of the people working there was a former PCGS grader)

I sent it to both ANACS and PCGS, in both it was graded with no problems and came out geniune. I don't recommend buying these raw due to the massive amount of counterfeits, I definitely won't buy one raw again, I just got lucky. I only buy certified gold now.