• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A sign of respect

27 posts in this topic

Hi all

Today i lost my Grandad.. who has been a huge inflence in my life and my coin collecting.. still remember the coins which he gave me after finding them in the fields when he used to plow them with his Heavy horses. and when he hand cut the turnips.. I also remember looking with awe at his collection of UK silver coins wondering if i could ever build such a good collection.

I know this is a sad time but he would not like people being sad he always had a smile for you and was always intrested in my latest find so please post some coins from his birth year "1917" or any thing to do with farms/farming as i know he would appreciate it.. and it would make me feel better also

Thanks to you all on this great site

1854607-MVC-229S.jpg

1854607-MVC-230S.jpg

William Huntley 9th April 1917-21st June 2007 RIP a collector par exalance.

dooly thumbsup2.gif

1854607-MVC-230S.jpg.c9df6efd49c233ca464d4e867acf83a0.jpg

Sorry I don't have anything to post Wayne, but I'm extremely sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers as well.

Sorry for your loss dooly.

This is the closest I can come up with for the moment. As shown in a previous post.. A plowed field find.

1919obvrevpan2lt3.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss, Wayne. But i will always see his love and spirit of coin collecting in you. Keep your chin up high. My condolences.

Dooly,

You and your family will be in our prayers. It sounds like you have plenty of memories to lean on in the near and distant future. Sorry don't seem to have a 1917 coin to post. My family wishes you the best through the worst times.

Jim

Sorry for your loss Dooly. I don't have anything to post either, but I do have a big smile for your respect for your grandfather, and one for your grandfather who seemed to have been a very influential person in your life.

Thanks to you all

you are all helping a lot

and remember where we would be without farmers during the war (The forgoten soldiers)

SPEED TO THE PLOUGH

1854936-877b_1.jpg

hi.gif

1854936-877b_1.jpg.4440c97ceecbe3d20c8bb1f8d78c5e88.jpg

My condolences to you and your family. Those fond memories of your grandfather are very special indeed.

Here are some brand new pictures by Bob Campbell of a raw coin of mine. I think he did an excellent job.

1917Rev832.jpg

1917obv822.jpg

May he RIP dooly.

He sounds like a man who lived life the right way, and helped others learn how to do the same. Men like him should be admired by all.

This one is just for him dooly, he may have used one of their products.

1814tokenobv.jpg

Wayne,

My condolences. 1917 is my father's birth year as well. Here is one of my favorite coins from his collection that I am now honored to have, a 1917 FH SLQ.

Our thoughts are with you.

Regards,

Rey

1917FHStandingLibertyBareBreastO-2.jpg

1917FHStandingLibertyBareBreastR-2.jpg