• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT indian?

22 posts in this topic

here is about the same color of blue i got by dipping then let the dip dry then put coin in warm water for a while.

blueat.jpg

i now know blue is not to be baught!( @ least by me )

here r a few i did 2 days ago. not as dark blue but got some blue/greens in there.

testpenny1.jpg

testpenny2.jpg

if you would like ill send the most colorfull to u to compair smile.gif im doing cleaning experements and its just some side fun. i also use them to compare.i dont colect toned coins but having some egsamples of AT is always good smile.gif

It looks like it's leaving a pretty bad film on that lincoln there Ant. This might be an experiment to keep an eye on, on what the dip does to the coin after this. confused-smiley-013.gif

yep! i was dipping 1 day and dint rinse good enough and some toning happened so what did i do,made it worse. i took a qtip dipped in dip and gently put it on coin then i took duster( air spray) to lightly dry it off not whipe it.then i put in ultrasonic cleaner with heat on and let it sit till got warm . and that is what i got from it. i have a few of these and will see what it does to metal of coin smile.gif

.then i put in ultrasonic cleaner with heat on and let it sit till got warm . and that is what i got from it. i have a few of these and will see what it does to metal of coin smile.gif
what type of tray is in the U S cleaner?

Also what type of solvent is in it..

I have only seen metal baskets...Did it scratch the coin?

the ultrasonic cleaner is an old monster. i use a plastice insert tray i dont use coin on metal.there is no chemicals in the cleaner. i use distilled water. each time i do a test i clean the cleanr out so there is no extra rezadue in the next batch.

i have not scratched coin yet!(knock on wood)

you can buy many different types of baskets for jewelery cleaning.

and i will take 1 of these and try fully rinsing coin after redip then i will repost.

im not trying to step on any threads either so if you would like me to use a different post i will smile.gif

the ultrasonic cleaner is an old monster. i use a plastice insert tray i dont use coin on metal.there is no chemicals in the cleaner. i use distilled water. each time i do a test i clean the cleanr out so there is no extra rezadue in the next batch.

i have not scratched coin yet!(knock on wood)

you can buy many different types of baskets for jewelery cleaning.

and i will take 1 of these and try fully rinsing coin after redip then i will repost.

im not trying to step on any threads either so if you would like me to use a different post i will smile.gif

Either way, I find it quite interesting.

so do i mall,so do i! smile.gif if i could find it again i accualy made a target toned using my method smile.gif one of those pennies is pretty close to target toned :P

like i said b4, i dont collect them but when u see some of these colors on the coins u cant help but to say WOW.