• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007-W Burnished ASE's

15 posts in this topic

What does everyone think of these?

-Will they show the jump in price as the 2006's did?

-Will they sell as many coins?

-Are they a worthwhile investment?

As far as I'm concerned they are worth collecting one of for my set. I don't think the 07 will take off as fast as the 06'. Who knows, the 07' may just drop the values of the 06'. Depending on mintage numbers. I wonder what the mintage will be of the 07', anyone know? I don't even know the actual mintage of the 06'.

Both were supposed to be minted to demand, but the 2006's were cut off early. Hopefully the 2007's won't have too high of a mintage.

I'm thinking that if the 07' has a high mintage, than the 06' will stay at pretty good value. If the 07' stays low, then alot of people probably wound up paying more for the 06' then what they will eventually be able to get them for later. I know the mint site states that there will be no mintage limit on the 07's.

I am not sure. I ordered five of the 06, one went into my 7070 set, I am sending two into NGC and keeping two ungraded. Depending on the grades of the two getting graded I will probably sell them.

I have 10 of the 07's coming which will all be sent to NGC to be graded and sold. I think I had a subscription for five so those will stay ungraded.

Well I got my one 2007W uncir today in the mail. It didn't come in a pretty little velvet bag like the 06' did. Just a box.

Since the 2006 W took off and made many people a quick profit, I see a lot of people jumping on and ordering these. Plus extra ones. Since they were released early in the year, unlike the 2006-W, nd they are be struck to demand I think the mintages will probably turn out to be much higher and I think they will fall in the aftermarket. If this does happen people will get disillusioned with them. (Then watch the 2008's)

People keep saying that they cut off the 2006-W's early, but I do not think so. If I recall they stopped taking orders in early December. The mint always stops producing the current years silver eagles in early December. Since they are a strike to order item, and string ended for the year, naturally they stopped accepting orders.

I'm sure of this Conder. The 2006W will be the key coin for this type. The 2007W's will be minted to demand and that mintage I'm positive will be alot higher. These will wind up being high mintage as long as the mints produces these thru the years, unless a change happens in 2016 for the 30th anniversay of the SAE.

I'll probably be purchasing one of the MS 69 Blue Labels for my set probably in the next few days/weeks depending, but when I do I'm not going to be shelling out over $40 for the slabbed and graded coin.

The 2006-W will always command a premium, but it may not stay the key. Look at the regular silver eagles the 1986 is still a premium coin but the 1996 is the low mint coin. When the 86 came out there was some interest and the value skyrocketed. So the next year lots of coins were purchased and they are basically bullion coins. So interest dropped and I believe it was by 1989 the mintages dropped below the 1986 issue. So the 89 went up and so did the mintages again, then back down reaching a low point in 96. Eventually it reached an equilibrium. I think the W mint coins will do the same. Maybe not in the same time spans, but in the same general pattern.