• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your BB'd coins here!

38 posts in this topic

Have you ever had a coin that was body bagged by PCGS or NGC? Artificial toning, counterfeit, tooling, corroded, ex-jewerly, etc? Post it here! I haven't seen a bodybagged coin so I really don't know what they look like (They just return it in a flip right?)

893applaud-thumb.gif

Dooly, do you have the flip it was in? What's the flip look like?

Is enviormental damagel like PVC?

no sorry burnt it devil.gif

but i have 6 BB's due back any day frown.gif

thats all they say Environmental damage no more ?

this is one of the ones comeing back ED at the moment

1844219-NGC9.jpg

1844219-NGC9r.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

1844219-NGC9r.jpg.502f670267fa2159fcacb6d8ec800159.jpg

I'll have to say I've been very lucky. I've never had a coin BB'd. Did I mention that I've never sent a coin in to be graded??? 27_laughing.gif

I'll have to say I've been very lucky. I've never had a coin BB'd. Did I mention that I've never sent a coin in to be graded??? 27_laughing.gif

devil.gif

I've managed to get lucky too. I sent in a saint gaudens with a light scratch on the edge to NGC, it went through and got graded. I also submitted a $5 AU55 indian head to PCGS and it got graded AU58 and encapsulated.

devil.gif

Bad timing huh Ant?? foreheadslap.gif

pcgslabel.jpg

These were BB twice for #1 above. Sold them raw with full disclosure:

09691214.jpg

09691213.jpg

frustrated.gif

Hey Bill, that 1796, sure looks acceptable enough to be in a slab.

JJ

Nope. NGC flunked it when I sent it in, and they flunked it again when I complained and sent it back for a review.

I've seen worse in PCGS holders. One that really sticks in my mind was a piece PCGS called AU-55 that had been polished and given a coat of artificial toning. PCGS must have thougt it was P-L, but all I saw was polishing.

im trying to find my old quarter. i had sent it in to ngc when i first started collecting and it had a word stamped on it over washingtons face. i laughed and put it somewhere in a box when i moved, but it came back imp cleaned! i would think they would say damaged or something but it didnt it said "obv imp cleaned". i hope i kan find it it is funny smile.gif

This one was bb'ed for a reverse scratch:

1913d20dobv.JPG

1913d20drev.JPG

Is the offending mark the one on the upper part of the two wings? If it is, body bagging the coin for that is WAY HARSH IMO.

That's an instance where you like to give the grading service a big piece or you mind. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Actually, I would say the bagging was justified, although my photo doesn't show it well, the scratch is very deep and noticable in person. Of course I don't have any horse in this race since I bought the coin after it was bodybagged! In any event though, I can see why they chose to bag it. Th scratch starts at the edge of the wing near the ray that intersects D in Dollars and extends to about two feathers into the lower wing, so all told about 1/4 inch long.