• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found in change..

17 posts in this topic

I've found one quarter, a few dimes, and about a dozen silver nickels in circulation. I tend to use a lot of cash though, which gives me a big boost over people that use credit or check cards all the time.

Nice find! Thats always fun! I still think finding cool coins in the change is my favorite part of coin collecting even if most things you find are worth a few dollars or less.

I think my best find was a 1937 Buffalo Nickel that I grade as EF40 or better. Got that out of a roll of nickels I was looking through. Found a 1939d nickel in that same roll! I think someone decided to roll coins that they found in their basement or something that had been sitting their a long long time.

Congratulations! Is that the remnant of a D mintmark I'm seeing? I'm not very good at grading low grade Washingtons. Would you say this one is a VG-8?