• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what does this meen?

38 posts in this topic

i recently had a crossover sent in to ngc.it was my first time sending a crossover. the coin a 1832 Bust Half ANACS VF30 O-112.

the results on site:

001 1832 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

does this mean it didnt cross frown.gif here r the other things they killed me with but i used my coupon so maybe they give bad grades for freebees frown.gif

001 1942 S 50C AU 53

002 1909 VDB 1C MS IMPROPERLY CLEANED <<<<munkymans

003 1869 3CN G 4 (would this say silver if it was? )

004 1877 S 50C MS REV IMPROPERLY CLEANED (this 1 kills me who in there right mind would improperly clean 1 side of a coin frown.gif )

Does it show to be a completed order? Maybe it hasn't made it to the grading stage yet confused-smiley-013.gif I've never sent anything in to be graded, so I don't know!

It looks to me like the 4 coins are done, but the crossover is not done. Given the line numbers it appears they are on separate invoices, so it's certainly possible for one to be done and the other in process.

2251619 5/21/2007 1 50.00 Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

2516797 5/21/2007 4 130.00 Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

I'd be interested to see it if you get a chance to image it. Perhaps we can find what the issue may have been. Is the coin in one of the new ANACS holders or the old white with green label ones?

ant, according to your NGC certification # 2251619-001 it graded VF30 as an 1832

50C. So it crossed over with same grade. Unless you have another 1832 half.

As least it didn't come back bb'd. Great luck I would say.

I think it means that it wouldn't cross over to a higher grade so they didn't grade it and left it in the holder you sent in.

NGC might charge an additional fee upfront for Overton attribution, though I am not certain about this. As for the three-cent piece, the fact that it is listed as 3CN means it is a three-cent nickel, not a three-cent silver.

I agree with Winston that you might have been better off with the bikini since I don't think it was ever cleaned. 893whatthe.gif

NGC has been a little off on the Variety Plus lately, my last submission had, ironically enough an 1832 half that I wanted to have the Overton designation, but I got it back with no designation. So I sent it back and they corrected it, but it was another week wasted with me having no 1832 half!

how important is the overton number? should i send back to get it!

In most cases not very...but, since you paid for the service you should receive it.

Yes, you should get it if you paid for it, just call and work it out. You would have to send it back in but there would be no return postage. As for the Overton, it only matters if it's a really scarce variety, and even then most collectors won't take NGC's word for it without verifying the attribution themselves.

In this case the cost of returning the coin to NGC is more than the apparent benefit of having the Overton number on the label.

It's O-112. If you ever want to sell it, just say you attributed it yourself. ANACS attributed it, and I verified it. Don't send it back to NGC for them to add the text to the label.

can some1 please guide me to a link or something for the overtons?

please and thank you smile.gif

There is no web site that I know of that illustrates the various Overton die marriages, of which there are 400+/- over the course of the CBH series. You would need to look through a copy of the Overton book, now inappropriately (in my opinion) renamed Parsley, to attribute the coin.

It's O-112. If you ever want to sell it, just say you attributed it yourself. ANACS attributed it, and I verified it. Don't send it back to NGC for them to add the text to the label.

Assuming that Chad is correct, a stretch I know tongue.gif, 0-112 is R4 which wouldn’t draw much if any premium. I agree with Chad that it’s probably not worth doing from a ROI perspective. If however you personally would enjoy the coin that much more having attribution label attached, I would find that a perfectly valid reason.

Rarity Rating

R.1 Common Over 1,000 thought to exist today

R.2 Slightly Uncommon 500 to 1000 thought to exist today

R.3 Scarce 201 to 500 thought to exist today

R.4 Very Scarce 81 to 200 thought to exist today

R.5 Rare 31 to 80 thought to exist today

R.6 Very Rare 13 to 30 thought to exist today

R.7 Extremely Rare 4 to 12 thought to exist today

R.8 Unique or nearly so 1 to 3 thought to exist today

Premiums can begin at R.4 but there are just so many 1832 varieties that I doubt you would get much of a premium for that year. R.5 and especially above can draw substantial premiums. It’s a bit of a niche market so it’s not as easy to find the “right” buyer to get the most for your rarity. HTH

It may be that this was updated in version 4 (I have version 3) or that there is an R.10 scale for other coin series. I really don’t know. I think we answered the question sufficiently though thumbsup2.gif