• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peace Dollar-Album Toned from SkyMan Collection

9 posts in this topic

First let me say that I am in no way a photographer or profess to be one. Sy has his choice of any number of great photographers that reside on both sides of the street. And indeed he has, with Lucy and Bruce, to name a couple. I feel very honored and fortunate to have the opportunity to image a small, but exciting part of his collection.

Here is one of a couple of album toned Peace Dollars. They are full of luster and almost have the appearance of having been burnished. This one seems to have some sort of clash or machine doubling behind Lady Liberty's neck. Has anyone seen this characteristic before?

23obv707.jpg

23obv710.jpg

23rev712.jpg

Bob Great work!! You sure know how to take some great shots. I am just honored to mentioned in the photographers. I am just a rookie at all this myself. smile.gif

As for the coin, I like it alot!! Cool toning!!

Nice pics Bob!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you for all the COOL images you've taken!!!

If I go to a coin show and there's nothing in a slab that floats my boat, I'll start looking at raw Peace dollars. I love the design, and for minimal bucks you can get a big hunk of attractive silver. This coin (and a 1922 that I bought at the same time, which I suspect Bob will post in the not too distant future) has an attractive gold toning to it, that I suspect came from album toning. This coin cost me a whopping $12.

Here is your '22. It looks like the same coin with the exception of the date and the mark behind Liberty's neck.

22obv701.jpg

22rev706.jpg

edited to add new photos.